Falls Church, VA

RogerFeeley

Now we have moved into a house built in 1850 or so and we are getting ready to excavate for an addition. I feel pretty strongly that we should have a look around for Civil War stuff before the backhoe shows up.

We are new to metal detecting and could really use some expert help. The 'area of disturbance' is about 50x80 feet although the addition will be smaller than that.

The house was used as a hospital during the Civil War. To our knowledge, it was never a battlefield. It wouldn't surprise me if there is the remains of an old latrine pit that would yield a lot. I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

I would guess that we will break ground early to mid-June. We have permits and the design is set.

I'm no expert, but I would be more than happy to help you guys. I'm introducing my 5 year old to the joys of medal detecting, so I've been on the search to find places myself.

Now we have moved into a house built in 1850 or so and we are getting ready to excavate for an addition. I feel pretty strongly that we should have a look around for Civil War stuff before the backhoe shows up.

We are new to metal detecting and could really use some expert help. The 'area of disturbance' is about 50x80 feet although the addition will be smaller than that.

The house was used as a hospital during the Civil War. To our knowledge, it was never a battlefield. It wouldn't surprise me if there is the remains of an old latrine pit that would yield a lot. I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

I would guess that we will break ground early to mid-June. We have permits and the design is set.
Sent ya a PM.

Looking to find a place in Falls Church,Seven Corners,Dunn Lorring or Tysons Corner area..just new to the area..

Back
Top Bottom