Victory! UPDATE Greebrier Military School Hat Badge

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Got out to a nearby school I’ve hunted many times before. I found a wheat and a couple military items I can’t believe no one got their coils over all these years.

First was the World War ll Victory Medal and I’m still trying to ID the second military item that seems to be a badge. Anyone has an idea of what it is please speak up.

I was suppose to be in VA today with JD and Vic hunting an 1800s farm. It’s killing me waiting on their report. They teased me with the pic of a silver rim in the bottom of a plug and an 1860s Injun. We had severe storms in my area at 430am when I was suppose to start driving to meet them.

a90fc1079801349ffbefe7fd4c2f1934.jpg

648ba1980a81ff2dd4613075e1b6756e.jpg

e2dc02a8b18f73d75afd6118797f8bb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is freaking awesome!! That eagle badge looks German to me! Can't find a perfect match but Google Nazi police badge.....

That is freaking awesome!! That eagle badge looks German to me! Can't find a perfect match but Google Nazi police badge.....

Thanks OD. My first thought was something Nazi. Probably a war trophy for a WWll vet.

Nice jwp! I can't help with the ID but I agree, looks like some type of badge.. Maybe a hat badge.

Thanks Rattle. I have found many medals over the years. My favorite is a Berlin Airlift aircrew Medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Those are some great finds. Awesome for a site that has been hunted many times.

Thanks KR. I hope I can find out more about that eagle badge. I definitely think it is Nazi badge of some kind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reach out to Lett http://metaldetectingforum.com/member.php?u=39495

If it is German, he would know

Thanks Beach Bum!

Awesome finds, congrats. Would love to find either of those.

Thanks Rat. Keep swinging and it’ll happen.

Congrats on the finds. I found one of those war medals a couple years ago. Not sure on the other piece but hopefully someone will know.

Thanks Jam. Love researching this stuff. Posted a pic after better cleaning.

Very cool finds!

Thanks Wyo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update

Cleaned up the Badge and can read the word GREENBRIER. Brass and enamel hat Badge from Greenbrier Military School. Early 1900s. Clean example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom