Do you see it?

pan4au

Elite Member
I found this last night during this weeks CRH.

Attachments

• Heads up tails up half dollar.jpg
    Heads up tails up half dollar.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 215
  • 2002 edge.1.jpg
    2002 edge.1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 2002 edge.jpg
    2002 edge.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 205
it appears to be a rotated die. I weighed it.. It weight 171 grain and 11.1 gram. It's within 1 grain of another 2000 with similar wear.

What does a rotated dye typically look like? I need some education. Can you tell by looking at the rim closely?

What does a rotated dye typically look like? I need some education. Can you tell by looking at the rim closely?
The rim or weight has nothing to do with a rotated die (unless it’s a majician’s coin, where you can see a “seam” on the edge where the coin splits in half. On a rotated die, one side of the coin’s image does not line straight up and down with the other side.

I took a shot of the rim.. some people thought it was a magicians coin. I took the pic to show the coin does not come apart.. it's a solid coin. a rotated coin can be just a few degrees out of rotation to 180 degrees. I found a Washington Quarter last year that has approx. 5 degrees of rotation.

an update on the coin.. I sent the coin to a member of CONECA, He examined it and said it's "ONE OF THE BEST' IMITATIONS I'VE SEEN". Was hoping it was real but now I know..

Back
Top Bottom