Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2021, 10:25 AM
Junkbucket Junkbucket is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: West Metro MN
Posts: 44
Default AT Pro wireless headphone options?

Hi All,
I would like to go wireless with my AT pro.
Can anyone help discuss the options available for my machine?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 08-18-2021, 10:40 AM
Bayoutalker's Avatar
Bayoutalker Bayoutalker is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Highlands, TX
Posts: 2,844
Default

I bought the ZLynk kit with the Pinpointer. It works great and sure is nice being able to hear the pinpointer in the headphones. It's a quick and easy install.

Cliff

__________________
Cliff

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 08-18-2021, 11:30 AM
Junkbucket Junkbucket is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: West Metro MN
Posts: 44
Default

Thanks Cliff, looks like I'll need the MS-3 kit.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:24 PM
Junkbucket Junkbucket is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: West Metro MN
Posts: 44
Default

Well my kit showed up and works great. It's a little disappointing the transmitter isn't water proof, even though I figured it wasn't. I'm more disappointed they only provide a 6" cable for the transmitter. It would be nice to mount it up by my forearm to keep it further away from the water.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:32 PM
Bayoutalker's Avatar
Bayoutalker Bayoutalker is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Highlands, TX
Posts: 2,844
Default

Originally Posted by Junkbucket View post
Well my kit showed up and works great. It's a little disappointing the transmitter isn't water proof, even though I figured it wasn't. I'm more disappointed they only provide a 6" cable for the transmitter. It would be nice to mount it up by my forearm to keep it further away from the water.
Well the headphones aren't waterproof either so I guess they figured the transmitter didn't need to be. It won't work submerged so just wrap it in plastic if you are out in the rain.

I'm glad you got it though.

Cliff

__________________
Cliff

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:44 PM
Junkbucket Junkbucket is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: West Metro MN
Posts: 44
Default

Love the kit, and I've already used it in my yard which if full of targets/junk.
I try to keep my head above water at the beach, but I don't mind getting chest deep.
I might see if Garrett has a longer cable on their site.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Bayoutalker's Avatar
Bayoutalker Bayoutalker is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Highlands, TX
Posts: 2,844
Default

Originally Posted by Junkbucket View post
Love the kit, and I've already used it in my yard which if full of targets/junk.

I try to keep my head above water at the beach, but I don't mind getting chest deep.

I might see if Garrett has a longer cable on their site.
You might be able to get one made but you will have to keep it above water for it to work. I wouldn't recommend using the kit in that deep of water though. One slip and you'll need to buy another kit.

Cliff

__________________
Cliff

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 08-25-2021, 09:34 PM
mh9162013 mh9162013 is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: KY
Posts: 1,085
Default

Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View post
Well the headphones aren't waterproof either so I guess they figured the transmitter didn't need to be. It won't work submerged so just wrap it in plastic if you are out in the rain.

I'm glad you got it though.

Cliff
On top of that, it's highly unlikely the transmitter uses a frequency that can reliably go through fresh water. And if it's salt water, forget it.
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 08-26-2021, 08:31 AM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 16,372
Default

Originally Posted by mh9162013 View post
On top of that, it's highly unlikely the transmitter uses a frequency that can reliably go through fresh water. And if it's salt water, forget it.
This is true. I've used my equinox in the water with the bluetooth headphones. As soon as the head unit goes under, the bluetooth connection is compromised. Sometimes I can just pick it up out of the water and they will reconnect on their own, and sometimes I have to reconnect manually. You can find longer cables on amazon, but it kinda defeats the purpose of wireless headphones IMO. Now if you could get a longer cord and a floating waterproof box for the transmitter, you might be able to have it drift along beside you. The moment it goes underwater you may lose your bluetooth connection though.

__________________
☆ 2021 LET'S GO RED SOX!
☆W-78~IH-13~Coppas-12~Tokens-0☆
☆Silva-38~Ster-14~Gold-3
☆Oldest Coin FTY: 1736 KG2 ☆

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 08-26-2021, 08:54 AM
Bayoutalker's Avatar
Bayoutalker Bayoutalker is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Highlands, TX
Posts: 2,844
Default

Originally Posted by Junkbucket View post
Love the kit, and I've already used it in my yard which if full of targets/junk.

I try to keep my head above water at the beach, but I don't mind getting chest deep.

I might see if Garrett has a longer cable on their site.
One thing I noticed on my kit is that there was no o-ring on the connector. If you are going to use it near water I'd suggest putting one on it.

Cliff

__________________
Cliff

Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 08-26-2021, 01:31 PM
Junkbucket Junkbucket is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: West Metro MN
Posts: 44
Default

Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View post
One thing I noticed on my kit is that there was no o-ring on the connector. If you are going to use it near water I'd suggest putting one on it.

Cliff
That, is great info. I didn't think to look for the o-ring on the connector. I'll have to pick one up.
Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 09-24-2021, 01:01 PM
DigBama DigBama is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 2
Default

I need a Garrett WT-1 Z-Lynk transmitter (used or new) for my MS-3, Z-Lynk headphones. I have checked on Ebay and other locations like Facebook Marketplace for the best price. Retail is right at $75.00 for this transmitter. Does anybody have other suggestions for purchase options? Perhaps an online metal detector speciality store?
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 09-24-2021, 01:28 PM
Valley Hunter's Avatar
Valley Hunter Valley Hunter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merced Ca.
Posts: 466
Default

I have the Z Lynk M-3 headphone and pinpointer I use with the AT Max and Ace Apex bought the 1 box transmitter ($70) for the AT Gols I had to get the 2 pin adapter ($20) .. That sweet sound of Pinpointer im the Headphones
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.