First Hunt in 2015 brings Silver !!!!!!

copperpenny

Forum Supporter
I had to end my 2014 year on a bad note, after long hunts at the beach and many parks though out Orange County (SoCal) I ended up with a torn meniscus, boy I was bummed for sure along with the pain I was experiencing, I gave it up for the year in November. On December 19th I had surgery on my knee, not only did I have a torn meniscus they found a piece of cartilage that had broken & lodged in the knee as well.

I sucked it in did my PT, spent lots on hours in the chat room on the forum here, meet lots of guys all over the world, it's been a blast. Today was my first hunt since November, I had bought a 6" coil for the ctx put it on an did a test in my backyard, yes I got a decent hit but my digging tools were still inside, I thought I'd put the stock coil on and head across the street for the hunt, some junk, a few pennies, a couple dimes, three nickels after a hour and a half I didn't want to push myself too much the first day back out.

Back across the street to the house and I remembered the signal I found earlier, a nice repeatable signal 12-45, got down & made my plug ..... BAMB a " 1945-D Merc" OMG !!!!!!!!! the look on my face had to be priceless, thanks in advance for reading my story _ Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_20150201_144305a.jpg
    IMG_20150201_144305a.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20150201_144204a.jpg
    IMG_20150201_144204a.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 291
Congrats on the Mirc and nice start of the new year. Your story sounds just like mine except I blew 5 discs in my back to end last season and today I also hit my first silver of the year.

Congrats and happy hunting.

Congrats on the Mirc and nice start of the new year. Your story sounds just like mine except I blew 5 discs in my back to end last season and today I also hit my first silver of the year.

Congrats and happy hunting.

5 discs, wow man I feel you pain for sure, glad to hear your doing better as well, my 2015 be a better year for us both, GL & HH

It's always a pleasure talking with you in the chatroom and Great to see your first Silver thread for 2015. I hope to read more and more of your Successful hunts as you continue to heal.

God Bless, Bill

Wow , great start to 2015 copper good to hear your back in the game . Go easy for a bit yet . Can't wait for more reports .

Wow! Congrats, CP!!! I missed that gleaming silver in the middle, the first time I saw the pic. How on earth did I mange to do that?! :?:

Congratulations on the mercury!

And my kids want to know what DS game that is. :laughing:

Wow! Congrats, CP!!! I missed that gleaming silver in the middle, the first time I saw the pic. How on earth did I mange to do that?! :?:

Congratulations on the mercury!

And my kids want to know what DS game that is. :laughing:

I couldn't see which game it is, wow they knew what that was, I just saw intendo on it, Thanks Jon

Nice work buddy I'm jealous!
I still hope we can get out and hunt together again...that is if our bosses approve! LOL
And hope that knee feels better I've had mine cut open a few times as well!
Stay in touch buddy!

Nice work buddy I'm jealous!
I still hope we can get out and hunt together again...that is if our bosses approve! LOL
And hope that knee feels better I've had mine cut open a few times as well!
Stay in touch buddy!

Hey Will, yea I'm finally starting to get back out, Hope we can do a hunt soon, hope you and the family are well, TTYL text me with your schedule when you get a chance.
Cliff

Awesome Merc, Copper! That's a great way to get back in the game!

How's the knee feeling now? Still good?

Back
Top Bottom