What and how do u carry?

Morgan44

I've been going back and forth between different ways to carry my lesche, gpp, 18" sampson, kneeling pad and finds pouch. I've made sheaths of different kinds, tried different pouches, and everything in between but just can't get satisfied. How what do u carry on your person when in the hunt.

On my belt between the first and second loop I have the lesche on the back, and coin pouch directly next to it. The pro pointer I have hooked onto the belt loop on the right side.

This will change when I get my at pro adventure pack though, will have to figure that out.

I use an electricians pouch. The Garrett pouch affixed to the side of it. Then trowels clipped on and baggies etc. see photo. The pouch has a clip to hook to your pants etc. i attached the rooe handle to hang it up. Works great! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362199242.936835.jpg

Think outside the box.... :D

I used to use a heavy leather bag with 2 pockets I picked up at Lowe's. Lesche in the sheath that it came with and the same with the GPP.

Last year we picked up some of these to use as prizes for a seeded hunt and I purchased one for myself.

02361401852.jpg

f_4257t_1.jpg

f_4257t_2.jpg

This is a Browning Trapper Creek Half Vest. The quick clip around belt is built into it and can adjust for a large guy. Both of the sides on the front have TWO nice, deep pockets each. The pockets have snaps to extend to larger sizes. The back is mesh and has openings with elastic at an angle at the top of both sides. The bottom of the mesh has a zip for ease of emptying it. It was designed for going hunting / target shooting with shotguns. This half vest even has built-in side D rings.

Is it super heavy, rugged material? No. But it's handy and LIGHTWEIGHT. I don't miss that heavy leather bag trying to drag my pants down. Besides, now I have a bit of cover in the back if they slip. lol No mooning people while digging! :D It's nice having the belt built in. A few members throw a bottle of water into the part hanging at back. If you had trash that wasn't SHARP, you could dump it back there easily by feel and then just unzip to dump it after the hunt. Jagged edges would be bad on the mesh. If you or the Mrs. were handy with a sewing machine, you could mod one of these quite a few ways to suit your needs (extra little pocket / loop for the propointer inside a pocket, etc).

They retailed for $40 but we got them from an overstock site for around $17 and change ea. I'm not saying this is a solution for you, necessarily, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy using this lightweight solution over that heavy bag when out swinging the machine. Think outside the normal solutions everyone uses...

I'd eliminate the kneeling pad with a good pair of knee pads.

I like that idea. What overstock site are we talking about? The best I've seen yet is about $32 shipped. Keep the ideas coming fellas.

I actually usually just carry my digger and pistolprobe in my non detector hand.Time yourself reaching for all those different holders.Then time yourself carrying it at the ready.You'd be amazed the time you waste checking to see if it is all there in those holders.In your hand as soon as you start walking again you'll know if you left your pointer on the ground or it fell out on the ground.I've used my pistolprobes holder twice in one year total.Like i said.Time yourself!

I actually usually just carry my digger and pistolprobe in my non detector hand.Time yourself reaching for all those different holders.Then time yourself carrying it at the ready.You'd be amazed the time you waste checking to see if it is all there in those holders.In your hand as soon as you start walking again you'll know if you left your pointer on the ground or it fell out on the ground.I've used my pistolprobes holder twice in one year total.Like i said.Time yourself!

Yep same here. Ground cloth in my back pocket lesche and pro pointer in my off hand. Quick and simple

I've been going back and forth between different ways to carry my lesche, gpp, 18" sampson, kneeling pad and finds pouch. I've made sheaths of different kinds, tried different pouches, and everything in between but just can't get satisfied. How what do u carry on your person when in the hunt.

What detector do you use? I used to carry my GPP in its sheath strapped to the side of my AT Pro, it was very convenient (pics below). I haven't found a good way to attach it to my new detector yet. I also carry the Lesche and Mini 18" Sampson. I do not like sheaths because of the dirt that always seems to be on them so I carry my Lesche in a carpenters hammer holster. You can draw it out and return it very quickly without looking. I am going to start a new thread showing the way I carry my Sampson as soon as I can take pictures. I use a tool thats designed to carry tools such as nail guns or screw guns. It's kind of hard to describe without photos but I find that it works quite well.
2012-04-20_18-02-26_359.jpg

2012-04-20_18-01-37_820.jpg

I got a black colored tool belt from Lowes and put the holsters for the Lesche and GPP on it. It's easier to just click the belt on, than weave both those items onto my belt every time I hunt.

I wear them both on my right side, Lesche towards the back, GPP towards the front. In my left hand, I carry a gallon sized heavy duty ziploc bag. That's what I use for trash. Whenever I find a coin or keeper, I just drop it in my coat pocket. Sometimes, if targets are plentiful, I'll simply carry the Lesche in my left hand with the ziploc bag. If there are people around, I'll always keep the Lesch in the holster since it's so sinister looking.

Today, the clad haul was more than usual. Everything I found, I just dropped in the ziploc bag and separated it all out when I got home.

Not sure what you mean by kneeling pad. I wear a cheap foam kneepad on my right knee only. I go down on that knee to dig and try to keep from wearing holes in the knees of my pants.

I don't have a shovel so I can't answer that part.

I like that idea. What overstock site are we talking about? The best I've seen yet is about $32 shipped. Keep the ideas coming fellas.
That's about the best I've seen right now on them. Sierra Trading Post had them, we had a 35% off or so coupon, and we ordered like 9 at a time so it dropped our price even more. Sierra Trading Post gets in and sells out of stuff all the time as it's a clearing house for overstocked merchandise. When it's gone, it's gone there though.

I used to use a heavy leather bag with 2 pockets I picked up at Lowe's. Lesche in the sheath that it came with and the same with the GPP.

Last year we picked up some of these to use as prizes for a seeded hunt and I purchased one for myself.

02361401852.jpg

f_4257t_1.jpg

f_4257t_2.jpg

This is a Browning Trapper Creek Half Vest. The quick clip around belt is built into it and can adjust for a large guy. Both of the sides on the front have TWO nice, deep pockets each. The pockets have snaps to extend to larger sizes. The back is mesh and has openings with elastic at an angle at the top of both sides. The bottom of the mesh has a zip for ease of emptying it. It was designed for going hunting / target shooting with shotguns. This half vest even has built-in side D rings.

Is it super heavy, rugged material? No. But it's handy and LIGHTWEIGHT. I don't miss that heavy leather bag trying to drag my pants down. Besides, now I have a bit of cover in the back if they slip. lol No mooning people while digging! :D It's nice having the belt built in. A few members throw a bottle of water into the part hanging at back. If you had trash that wasn't SHARP, you could dump it back there easily by feel and then just unzip to dump it after the hunt. Jagged edges would be bad on the mesh. If you or the Mrs. were handy with a sewing machine, you could mod one of these quite a few ways to suit your needs (extra little pocket / loop for the propointer inside a pocket, etc).

They retailed for $40 but we got them from an overstock site for around $17 and change ea. I'm not saying this is a solution for you, necessarily, but I can't tell you how much I enjoy using this lightweight solution over that heavy bag when out swinging the machine. Think outside the normal solutions everyone uses...

When I seen that apron, it reminded me of george washington.

Attachments

• gwpic.jpg
    gwpic.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,209

02361401852.jpg

f_4257t_1.jpg

f_4257t_2.jpg

My wife would look good in those with a pair of black nylon stockings LOL

i carry my Lesche, my pinpointer, and a bag that goes around my waist for the goodies. i think it's called the Treasure Hunter or something. black, two pockets, and a place for a smallish digger.

my lesche & profinder goes in this .....
P8060231.jpg
knee pad i put on as soon as i leave my truck and all other stuff is in my garrett treasure finds pouch.
on days i bring my sampson i just slide this on my belt
P9130293.jpg

When I hunt areas that are not the beach, I use one of these.

41fav%2BhQz7L.jpg

I can carry everything in it. Digger, knee pads, pin pointer, spare batteries, probe, coin popper, drink, containers for finders/trash

My wife would look good in those with a pair of black nylon stockings LOL
You should see it when I wear it over my kilt.

I actually got the idea from another guy who relic hunts in the woods. He swore by it and after using one, I agree, at least for me. It's a handy, useful design even if some may question the look.

If I was concerned about appearances, I wouldn't be swinging a detector in public. :D Face it, TV shows aside, it's got a certain public profile that's not good even though people don't know what they're missing.

I prefer my AWP tool pouch for diggers, towel, extra batteries, folding shovel and pin pointer.

8MKS82Il.jpg

l4Hrgvpl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom