Unreal, Morgan #2 *UPDATE*

A few years ago my banker called me and asked if I could come and take a look at some silver dollars a teller took in. They know I am a collector and keep an eye out for anything unusual that comes along. Turns out the teller paid a woman a buck apiece for these silver dollars. I informed the manager they were indeed fakes and I offered to pay her a dollar for each of them. She took me up on it and I went home with the coins. Technically they should have turned those coins in to the Feds. There were 30 coins originally but I've had some fun with a few of my detector friends. Like tossing them out in the sand in front of them and watching the reaction when they find them:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Like rolling on the ground laughing:lol:

You can sell fakes like this for about $3 on eBay as magician coins. I purchased a lot of 10 Morgan Dollars that came in counterfeit (even marked COPY)... before I even got them, I was refunded by eBay, the seller was shut down, and I was told I didn't need to return them.

So I had 10 Morgans. I put half of them up on eBay (the ones with VERY clear "copy" marks) and they sold pretty much the same day. They're definitely worth more than a buck!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom