Silver, Indian And A Old Dog Tag

jack&jill

Elite Member
Air Force Mike and I got out for what may be the last hunt for a while. Winter arrived in Wisconsin with some classic vengeance. Cold winds with lots of snow covered the state yesterday. I did get some exercise in today, digging out the driveway in much colder temps. The forecast is now calling for single digit temps going into next week. Just not a dream for this detectionist. anyway getting back to the hunt we both manage a Silver, some wheat's. I added a old Dog Tag and for me a rare Indian. Odd thing from the outing is we both dug clipped Wheat Pennies, this one I won't call a half cent. The Rosie is number 4 silver coin for 2019. Looking forward now I just have to wait it out until thaw and live through everyone that can still get out. Trapper

Attachments

• 1-17-19 .jpg
    1-17-19 .jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 1-17-19 1 .jpg
    1-17-19 1 .jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 1-17-19 2 .jpg
    1-17-19 2 .jpg
    90 KB · Views: 451
  • 1-18-19 3 .jpg
    1-18-19 3 .jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 452
I love that dog tag!!! Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice finds!!!!!!
Thank you Vic, appreciate the reply. Trapper
Nice patina on that Indian...congrats on saving it, the wheats, vintage dog tag and Merc from the hard freeze. Fine hunt Trapper!
Thanks Bruce, I don't dig a lot of Indians but hope to do so more this year. Was hoping Winter would continue to stall and I could get in a few more hunts but I guess Mother Nature had other plans. Trapper

well done Trapper, I have always wanted to find a rosie.
It will come Levi. As long as you put yourself in the areas that can hold the age of its content. Do your research and it will be more than your first Rosie. Trapper
Nice digs Jack, dog tag is a nice save. Have you found many in that age range?
Thank you Liam. It is the oldest Tag I have dug. I have not really dug a lot of them prior. One from the late forty's, a couple from the sixty's and three or four newer than them. The newer ones are aluminum. Trapper

Nice digs especially the the dog tag - doesn’t look RUFF at all [emoji190]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that dog tag!!! Congratulations !
Thank you Truth. The tag is near but my favorite is the Indian as I dig so few of them. Trapper
Nice digs especially the the dog tag - doesn’t look RUFF at all [emoji190]!
That be cute Digger, I appreciate the humor. Happy to dig the Tag but just happy I was able to do some digging in January. Trapper

Great finds Trapper! I hope to make it out today! We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow....

An old dog tag is on my wanted list. I found an early 2000s rabies tag, but I'm not counting it!

Love the dog tag & the "half cent" :laughing:
Thank you Mike. I posted a clipped dime in my last post as a Half Dime, thought it be cute. Thought I best not go there again with the clipped Wheat. Trapper
Great finds Trapper! I hope to make it out today! We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow....
Appreciate the response Tom. Just getting out and digging in January much less digging Silver is exciting. The Indian is special ass I dig so few of them. Trapper

Trapper, congrats on the Rosie and your 1st IHP FTY The dogtag is cool as well. I managed to get out twice this week for a couple of hours each in the afternoon where I got the 2 Rosies last week. A major mud fest netting less than .50 clad and 3 wheaties. Oh well at least I was able to get out. Our temps are in the freezer here also. Stay warm. Mark

An old dog tag is on my wanted list. I found an early 2000s rabies tag, but I'm not counting it!
Thank you Soldier for your reply. This Dog Tag is my oldest but the Indian is my favorite of this outing. I have not dug a lot of Indians. Trapper
Congrats on another silver and the IH always makes the hunt that much more enjoyable!
Thanks John. Your 100% right about digging Silver and Indians. They do make the hunts so much more enjoyable. Trapper

Congrats on the IHP and silver! That dog tag is a really cool find, is it made out of copper? I've found two old dog tax tags. One expired in 1920 and the other in 1922...both are aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom