4 silver day!

longbow62

Forum Supporter
Started out the day by getting a permission at a real old house on Main St., but the front yard was all that was huntable. The EMI was obnoxiously bad so I didn't stay long. Only 2 Wheat Cents. I then went to house I have had my eye on for a while close to the university. I did a cold door knock and got turned down. I was bummed out after I got turned down and decided to go to a school out of town a buddy and I have had good luck at.

It started out slow and was probably 30-45 minutes before I finally got a good deep 30-32. It was one of those you know it's going to be a silver quarter signals, and it turned out to be my 9th silver quarter of the year. A really sharp 1957 Washington. After I got warmed up the Mercs kinda came one after another. I dug 6 Wheat Cents too the oldest 1918. I did get a 1965 quarter that was borderline deep enough for silver. Man I thought I had another silver quarter, but the curse of the 1965 bit me. I was just passing on all nickel signals. It was scorching hot today. Big thunderstorms built up just east of me and were really popping.

Who says you can't still find silver at old schools. After today that makes at least 15 silvers a buddy and I have found there. I think there is probably a few more left. I might add the silver at this school is deep. Most of it probably 8"+. That brings my silver total up to 32 FTY.

Attachments

• 20220514_181617_resized.jpg
    20220514_181617_resized.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 20220514_191125_resized.jpg
    20220514_191125_resized.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 20220514_170331_resized.jpg
    20220514_170331_resized.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 20220514_172233_resized.jpg
    20220514_172233_resized.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 20220514_175246_resized.jpg
    20220514_175246_resized.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 239
  • 20220514_181549_resized.jpg
    20220514_181549_resized.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 270
  • 20220514_201110_resized.jpg
    20220514_201110_resized.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 241
Wow, you had a terrific day. Finding four silvers a day is a challenge for sure. Congrats on bringing your silver total to 32!

Thanks, 32 FTY actually matches my most ever in a calendar year so I'm doing way better than normal. I just have to keep at it.

Started out the day by getting a permission at a real old house on Main St., but the front yard was all that was huntable. The EMI was obnoxiously bad so I didn't stay long. Only 2 Wheat Cents. I then went to house I have had my eye on for a while close to the university. I did a cold door knock and got turned down. I was bummed out after I got turned down and decided to go to a school out of town a buddy and I have had good luck at.

It started out slow and was probably 30-45 minutes before I finally got a good deep 30-32. It was one of those you know it's going to be a silver quarter signals, and it turned out to be my 9th silver quarter of the year. A really sharp 1957 Washington. After I got warmed up the Mercs kinda came one after another. I dug 6 Wheat Cents too the oldest 1918. I did get a 1965 quarter that was borderline deep enough for silver. Man I thought I had another silver quarter, but the curse of the 1965 bit me. I was just passing on all nickel signals. It was scorching hot today. Big thunderstorms built up just east of me and were really popping.

Who says you can't still find silver at old schools. After today that makes at least 15 silvers a buddy and I have found there. I think there is probably a few more left. I might add the silver at this school is deep. Most of it probably 8"+. That brings my silver total up to 32 FTY.

Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Attaboy longbow, another multiple silver hunt. Congrats on the GW and Mercs and getting to 32 fty. Yesterday was the last day I could hunt my new permission, didn't find any more silver but I did get bit by that damned 65 quarter also. Did you try Field 2 in the EMI ?
As far as doorknocks go, I know the feeling when they say no, I always wonder if it was the way I presented myself or something I said. Then again some people just ain't comfortable having strangers digging in their yards. Oh well. The pace your on, 75 fty looks doable. Good luck. Mark

Awesome Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you!

Attaboy longbow, another multiple silver hunt. Congrats on the GW and Mercs and getting to 32 fty. Yesterday was the last day I could hunt my new permission, didn't find any more silver but I did get bit by that damned 65 quarter also. Did you try Field 2 in the EMI ?
As far as doorknocks go, I know the feeling when they say no, I always wonder if it was the way I presented myself or something I said. Then again some people just ain't comfortable having strangers digging in their yards. Oh well. The pace your on, 75 fty looks doable. Good luck. Mark

Thanks, I'll settle for 50. If I get more then great. Where I live is not a heavily populated area. Was only roughly a pop. of 25,000 in 1964 in my city. Like everywhere most of the center of town long since paved over.

On door knocking. I'm like 50% yeses. If you can catch the people outside when you ask it seems like a far greater chance of saying yes. If you get permission and the neighbors see you the chances of them saying yes when you ask really goes up. Not 100% yes go ahead, but a large majority do. That's how it works out with my buddy Jeff (hilltopdoc) and I.

Congrats Longbow62! Looks like your having an awesome year my friend!
May it continue till the end of 2022 and start where you left off in 23!

Congrats on the shiny (as well as the rest)!

Did you do a YT video? Seems like I recently watched one in the past couple days with (somewhat) similar finds.

Nice job on the '57. The last deep quarte I had sounded good too. But it was a '66, dang-it!

Well done! I'd be going back for sure.

Thats a brilliant silver haul. I would be delighted with that. Congrats.

Congrats on the shiny (as well as the rest)!

Did you do a YT video? Seems like I recently watched one in the past couple days with (somewhat) similar finds.

Thanks guys, Nope don't make YouTube vids. I figure that band wagon is full enough without me. I do like watching a select few people on there now and then though.

Yeah going back to the school in the morning. Hoping for one or two more silvers. Thunderstorms moving in tomorrow afternoon so not sure how long before a washout, but we need the rain here.

Back
Top Bottom