Turning in the halves...always an adventure!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
On last Friday, KT ran into a small problem at his dump bank....the machine was down for repair. But having had this happen a couple of times before, KT knew where an alternative bank was that He had used once before, so it was off for a 15 mile drive on the Interstate to get to that Branch in the new Royal Coach!

Upon arrival KT entered the bank and spotted the machine. It was a slightly different type but still a fairly fast spinner type machine, which are generally faster than the older belt driven ones. Opening up the machine, KT noted it had a honey comb screen above the spinner unit. Sitting on that screen was a quarter! So that went into the Royal Pocket! :D:D:D When KT came in with the coins in a tool bag, pulling them with a collapsible 2 wheel cart, a bank worker asked me if I had coins for their machine....rather obvious His Majesty thought, but KT said yes. He gave KT a short course in using the machine and went back to whatever he had been doing. KT did discover that the lid had to be down for the machine to run, a Royal PITA, but having driven that distance, KT was undeterred in His Royal Efforts. It took over 10 minutes of dumping to finally run all the coins through the machine and KT got another surprise when He examined the paper ticket.....and additional 20 cents was on the slip, apparently left over from someone else's coin dump efforts! 45 cents total extra was definitely not enough to pay the extra cost of gas, but it was a nice surprise because KT keeps track of that extra change from week to week and at the end of the year, gives whatever it is to the Queen. During the early years, KT remembers He recovered something over $100 in change the first year, along with several gold items and a diamond ear stud! :lol::lol::lol:

KT then headed to one of the open tellers and showed her the ticket...She said, Oh, you must have been saving these coins up for awhile! KT told her, "Only a week." and then told her about CRH as a hobby.

Anyway, while He was in the neighborhood, KT dropped by Cracker Barrel and ate an enjoyable breakfast! Then took the Royal Coach to the best local carwash and got it nice and shiny! When His Majesty first purchased the Black Metallic Coach, he was concerned about the color being one that He would have to constantly wash. However, the Queen gave His Majesty a bit of practical advice. Buy a years worth of carwashes and do not worry about it. Well, KT bought 6 months worth of Deluxe Carwashes and has not regretted it! His Majesty was told that if He brings it in once a week, then their best wash would be less than half price! So far KT has been in enough to bring the price down to around $8 per wash from the normal $21/wash. And He has a tag to set on the dash so no waiting to pay and get a receipt, just pull up, sensor spots the tag and opens the lane for me! This often gets me through and ahead of the peons wanting to pay with credit card or cash! :laughing::laughing:

That PITA, for you, would, of course, be of the ROYAL type!

I love when common phrases take on additional meaning based on the context.

Back
Top Bottom