I have a green light to a newly cleared acre of land. I need a buddy.

I started detecting 27 years ago.
Do not wait on a buddy.
Get out there immediately and detect that acre.
We learned a long time ago to jump on every opportunity as soon as possible even if it is physically impossible to cover all the ground.
Opportunities can disappear as soon as they appear.

Fairly new to this website. If I don't respond to you right away I'm still figuring it out. 🙂

:fmdfwelcome: from Central Virginia!

I started detecting 27 years ago.
Do not wait on a buddy.
Get out there immediately and detect that acre.
We learned a long time ago to jump on every opportunity as soon as possible even if it is physically impossible to cover all the ground.
Opportunities can disappear as soon as they appear.

I totally agree! Sharing is great if you have massive amounts of areas to hunt, but 1 acre will dry up fast, even for one person. Until you get more, and larger, areas to hunt, you should probably keep that one to yourself.

Thank you for the advice. I need a helper for reasons. But only one.

If by helper you mean someone to give you advice and train you as a beginner, I would get on YouTube, or the like, and watch others detect; preferably with the same detector you're using. I'm new to detecting myself(2 months now), and I would suggest digging everything, at least initially. Get used to the tones your machine makes and all the functions that it has. Anyway, good luck on your new permission and hope you find some good stuff!

Clyde
:digginahole:

What kind of detector do you have? The reason I am asking is I would bring something similar to what you have to show you the ropes if that is what you are getting at

I've detected before, not for a long time. I have the standard two knob detector with the trash knob on the right. I went on the property for about a half and hour and it squeals when it locates something. I'll eventually find someone. I have my detector, my shovel and my little shovel and my metal sisters. Ready to go and see if there is anything over there! 🙂

Newly cleared ground I will have to try that out. Here in Central Florda Highlands county there are some opportunities, and I will have to check into them. Brandon is not that far away either.

I prefer to hunt alone. Especially when locating those virgin civil war sites, such as camps or scermish sites.

Back
Top Bottom