Crotal Bell?

What were these actually used for? The ones I found were not deep at all. Trapper’s bell looks to have a nice brass mount on the back of it, both of mine have a clump of what looks like rusty metal where a mount used to be.

Just found my first well 3 lol but I have the same type. I'm trying to get info on. No loop?

Attachments

• 15937504640877412449557633387483.jpg
    15937504640877412449557633387483.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 61
Just found my first well 3 lol but I have the same type. I'm trying to get info on. No loop?

They had the pin mounted type with the tabs that were mounted in slits and brass cotter type pins, and also the ones like yours that were riveted to the leather straps.

They had the pin mounted type with the tabs that were mounted in slits and brass cotter type pins, and also the ones like yours that were riveted to the leather straps.

Ones I have found had used steel (rusty) pin to attach to the harness.

Those are some small bells. My smallest is twice the size as those.

Hard to tell from picture exactly how these attached.
They also seem to be newer bells- so guessing early 1900's.

Still great and fun find.

Thank you I really appreciate that info. That's what I needed for my research

Ones I have found had used steel (rusty) pin to attach to the harness.

Those are some small bells. My smallest is twice the size as those.

Hard to tell from picture exactly how these attached.
They also seem to be newer bells- so guessing early 1900's.

Still great and fun find.

My buddy has found an even smaller one at a different site lol
Thanks for your insight

Back
Top Bottom