Year is closing out, a few more gold to add to the pile.

very nice Joe...

Here is Joe prepping his dry suit for his next hunt...
Thanks Craig...That just about right, I just got dresseed up..took me `15 minutes

Those astronauts dont have anything on you Joe. Im way to lazy and dislike the cold to much to get into that get-up. I cant tell you the last time i saw a sinker...... let alone a collection like that. We hunted a beach yesterday with a pretty good trough..... and neither of us got a sinker...... but man there was a ton of round moving iron. Sweet on the gold.......i love those FAT ones. Another great year Joe. Now..... if the AQ gets here you may not need a weight belt :lol:
Thanks Dew..I agree..lets just hope it makes it out next year..and is as good as LE says.
Outstanding!!! You gotta love that old gold Joe and your spot keeps giving it up too. That ring with the 3 red stones is my favorite but even having something with a date is always fun and amazing to see. Really puts you there back in the 1800's.

Im hoping to get a couple more hunts in this year in a similar spot but I still need to get that dry glove kit like you have. Good luck out there.
Thanks SS! Good Luck to you buddy! Yes, get those gloves...a major factor this time of year.

Awesome hunt and congratulations on an amazing year,! Takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to find that much gold in those conditions. Well done!
Thank you! Yes, It's alot of fun time but also far from easy. Many hunts with out a coin...had one last week.

Nope I hunt away for they have no clue on what to listen for...I've taken many hunters out on the boat to spots and yet they struggle to find more then a few coins. Only the Connecticut hunter understand how to hunt these spots...like Craig

Yes, when they closed the old beach's many were sold to the state, local parks (NO detectors allowed thru the gates) then the rest were sold to marina's, builder/developers. Some communities are Gated, all are private and allowing only guest and residents in and the beach's are gated. My advantage is I am retired and I have the resources,,... time to reconn these spots for cuts, holes, and open areas. I feel that gives me a big advantage over the locals.

Very interesting. Similar to out here as far as access but we can detect. The more accessible spots have all been hunted. And some old bathing spots are still used today. Unhunted spots are only reachable by boat. Some areas are the most polluted in the U.S.
Dig your scoop and its black gunk and stinky. Literally like sewage. There are occasional finds still. Last year I pulled a ring similar to yours. It was dated 17-5-86 all in old script and had a reeded edge. Tested 22k. I think it was made from a gold coin. But the date was odd. Maybe European ?

Although I don't get over here much anymore I always look for your post , Joe.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, Joe is, "a :pirates:,:pirate:".

Beautiful Goldies! Congrats
Doc
Thanks Doc! Each does have a great beauty to them..:thumbsup:

Man that old fat band is awesome! I like the broken ring too - had to sound funky?
Amazing hunting OBN. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks GS! IF I had not captured it on video I would not be able to tell you...Sounded fine but I'll send you the video so you can hear... The wind was up a little and remember I hunt in PP and have the button to go between PP to disc then back in a flash. PM sent...

Although I don't get over here much anymore I always look for your post , Joe.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, Joe is, "a :pirates:,:pirate:".
Thanks Buddy! You know I learned a lot from the Conn pirates. Someday I'll be back to learn more...and it was learned just by watching you guys..everyone of you..

God bless you, Joe! You are truly one of the good guys. May you have many more years of success. I'll not forget your help with my Excal a couple years ago.
Thanks Pasttom! And Thank you for the Blessing, Each day is filled with many..I remember your machine had a Big coil, or you sent it with a couple coils...I think.

Thanks Earl! Will see, weather is looking strange this week.....:shock:

Back
Top Bottom