• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My new tractor cab

bergie

Forum Supporter
After looking at the prices of a new tractor cab of a round $5000 decided to build one myself. Got some pictures of what they look like and headed to the shop with the tractor. Took me a week to build it but most of the time was spent shooting the breeze with someone if you know what I mean:laughing:. I will have a round $1400 in it not too bad went to the junkyard and picked me up a rear wiper motor that will work for the windshield wiper.. Every time I go down there to the shop someone wants me to build something for them. While I was there I built a canopy top for a 60 horse tractor. Also help the guys in the shop work on some expansion joints for a power plant.The pictures are not in order but I guess you can figure it out had to send them from my phone to the computer:lol:

Attachments

• 2B9D54ED-[1].jpg
    2B9D54ED-[1].jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 2C0EBDC9-[1].jpg
    2C0EBDC9-[1].jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 6FFFE331-[1].jpg
    6FFFE331-[1].jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 416
  • 622F6EE9-[1].jpg
    622F6EE9-[1].jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 1229EC7B-[1].jpg
    1229EC7B-[1].jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 396
  • F1474467-[1].jpg
    F1474467-[1].jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 374
  • EA7050C1-[1].jpg
    EA7050C1-[1].jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 375
  • C07873A5-[1].jpg
    C07873A5-[1].jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 51590187-[1].jpg
    51590187-[1].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 385
  • 15837609-[1].jpg
    15837609-[1].jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 389
That is very excellent work !!!!

I like do-it-yourself projects, they are usually much cheaper and often better made than store bought finished products in many instances.

I did a somewhat similar thing on a much smaller more modest scale :lol:

The store bought shade canopies for lawn tractors had poor reviews and were pricey for what you got, so I used PVC pipe (later painted it) to make a holder for a very large UV umbrella so to keep the hot sun off when mowing on hot sunny days. Nothing anywhere near as fancy as yours, but it works ! :lol:

trac_um.jpg tupainted.jpg

Nice job on the canopy. To both of you. I like your glass work, looks professionally done. I've been doing a little welding lately myself. Picked up one of those cheap flux core wire welders from harbor freight just to play with. It doesn't do so bad if you just clean the metal good with the side grinder and take your time. Good for smaller projects. I've got some mower repairs I'm gonna do that'll save me a few bucks or having to get another mower. Gkl , Id put one of them on mine but the trees would take it off for me.

That is very excellent work !!!!

I like do-it-yourself projects, they are usually much cheaper and often better made than store bought finished products in many instances.

I did a somewhat similar thing on a much smaller more modest scale :lol:

The store bought shade canopies for lawn tractors had poor reviews and were pricey for what you got, so I used PVC pipe (later painted it) to make a holder for a very large UV umbrella so to keep the hot sun off when mowing on hot sunny days. Nothing anywhere near as fancy as yours, but it works ! :lol:

View attachment 383599 View attachment 383600

Thanks Looks nice give me an idea for my riding lawnmower. Have a farmall super a with a 5 foot belly mower needs a canopy on it. I mow a round 3 acres with it usually early in the morning or late in the evening. Entirely too hot with the sun beating down on you:lol:

Nice job on the canopy. To both of you. I like your glass work, looks professionally done. I've been doing a little welding lately myself. Picked up one of those cheap flux core wire welders from harbor freight just to play with. It doesn't do so bad if you just clean the metal good with the side grinder and take your time. Good for smaller projects. I've got some mower repairs I'm gonna do that'll save me a few bucks or having to get another mower. Gkl , Id put one of them on mine but the trees would take it off for me.

Thanks My son has one of those for a around 4 years no problem with it whatsoever. I have a mig gun that you use gas with in my garage (cheap one) from Harbor freight. Probably had it around 10 years and has served me well. I also have a gasoline stick welder and a electric Miller suitcase welder it runs off of 110 or 220. I like the Miller because I can just pick it up and take it anywhere.

:wow2: Fantastic job! Congratulations!

Being able to fabricate like that is a real gift. It takes skill, confidence, and the ability to visualize how something can be done--not everyone has that capability. I've watched those shows on TV where the guys fabricate custom cars, trucks and motorcycles, and I'm just blown away at what they can do. Instead of teaching our kids to get worthless degrees in universities, we need to encourage them to take up a trade so they can actually make something and earn a living at it. Okay, mini-rant over. :laughing: Sorry to get off-topic! Again, well done! :thumbsup:

Thanks Looks nice give me an idea for my riding lawnmower. Have a farmall super a with a 5 foot belly mower needs a canopy on it. I mow a round 3 acres with it usually early in the morning or late in the evening. Entirely too hot with the sun beating down on you:lol:

I know what you mean about the sun beating down on you, it definitely make a difference having some shade !

I'm not sure how your riding mower is designed, but on mine I had to make a hitch extension so I could still pull the wagon and have shade at the same time.

Because of the design I was not able to have the large PVC pipe come straight up but had to elbow it past the back fender.

Here are some other pics I made back then to give an idea what I did (any questions, just ask !) -

tu7b.jpghitch extension.jpgtu4.jpg

Nice job. Sweet little tractor.

Thanks for the comment. It's a 30 hp just to right size for most jobs I do. We do have bigger tractors on the farm that I can use if needed. Also have a dozer and a full-size backhoe setting down there that does come in handy occasionally.

Thanks for the comment. It's a 30 hp just to right size for most jobs I do. We do have bigger tractors on the farm that I can use if needed. Also have a dozer and a full-size backhoe setting down there that does come in handy occasionally.

That's one of the nice things about living on a farm. Lots of cool toys. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom