Are you ready to go wireless? Taotronics TT BA08 TX RX Review

Fivepin

Elite Member
I just couldn't take kneeling on my headphones this upcoming season.
I can't count the number of times they were ripped off my head last year and enough was enough.
The solution a blue tooth wireless transceiver. Join us as we try out this 2 in one adapter from Taotronics. It allows 2 device connection super fast no lag connectivity and a 20 hour working time lithium battery.

Metal Detecting Wirelessly -Taotronics TT BA08 TX RX Review

https://youtu.be/TnDsuvcFj98

Last edited:
I have the makro wireless for the racer 2, and they're the lightest most comfortable headphones I've ever used.And I think they're Bluetooth,don't quote me though.
But I agree with the op,wireless is the only way to go.

A good review, Fivepin, thanks for this. I've been thinking of wireless earphones myself for my AT Pro for quite some time. I see Garrett now have the Z-link but that's too pricey for me.
Now I can't wear earphones for long without them hurting my ears. So I like the look of the earphones your daughter was wearing in the video, which look as though they can be worn around the neck and still hear the tones. Can you confirm this?
Thanks,
Roland

Looks pretty cool.

I just bought the Deteknix wireless.

I'll give a full report on how it works out in the field soon.

Attachments

• Deteknix Wireless use.jpg
    Deteknix Wireless use.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 955
A good review, Fivepin, thanks for this. I've been thinking of wireless earphones myself for my AT Pro for quite some time. I see Garrett now have the Z-link but that's too pricey for me.
Now I can't wear earphones for long without them hurting my ears. So I like the look of the earphones your daughter was wearing in the video, which look as though they can be worn around the neck and still hear the tones. Can you confirm this?
Thanks,
Roland

So I've been doing some online checking and I could use the transmitter with cheap blue-tooth earbuds, which I can wear for extended periods without discomfort, or even with the slightly more expensive "round the neck" speakers, some of which include retractable earbuds. That way I can also be aware of what's going on around me.
Thanks for the spark of an idea... :?:

I just couldn't take kneeling on my headphones this upcoming season.
I can't count the number of times they were ripped off my head last year and enough was enough.
The solution a blue tooth wireless transceiver. Join us as we try out this 2 in one adapter from Taotronics. It allows 2 device connection super fast no lag connectivity and a 20 hour working time lithium battery.

Metal Detecting Wirelessly -Taotronics TT BA08 TX RX Review

https://youtu.be/TnDsuvcFj98

Got this for Christmas. I took it out once so far and love being wireless. I also have the Taotronics ear buds. Not my favorite but for the price I don't mind handling them with dirty hands. I'd like to know how you mount the transmitter on the machine. Mine is a mess of wire and tape under the control box.

ETA Didn't see the link to the video. I'll have to see what I can do with zip ties. Good idea.

When buying a bluetooth setup, make sure both the transmitter AND receiver (headphones/earbuds) support the aptX codec. If the transmitter does, but the headphones you pair it with doesn't, you won't get the benefit of it's low latency.

Supposedly, anything with a latency of 75ms or less isn't noticeable. The aptX codec supports a latency of 40ms, or .04 seconds, so no noticeable lag.

When buying a bluetooth setup, make sure both the transmitter AND receiver (headphones/earbuds) support the aptX codec. If the transmitter does, but the headphones you pair it with doesn't, you won't get the benefit of it's low latency.

Supposedly, anything with a latency of 75ms or less isn't noticeable. The aptX codec supports a latency of 40ms, or .04 seconds, so no noticeable lag.

Thanks, Gib, Timely advice... I haven't bought anything yet but I have been researching.

Sorry guys I forgot to subscribe to my own post..LOL..
I have used this now on 10 outings. I have gone over 16 hours and the unit was still working. I charged it before it died.

I have found that the auto connect with the earphones does not always work. A couple of times I had to re-sync the combo upon initial startup. No big deal.

I have since bought a new Garrett AT Pro International. Waiting for proprietary connector to 1/4 headphone connector to see if this unit works on the Garrett..not happy about the headphone hookup on this machine....money grab!!!!!

Update: for Garrett AT with Adapter.

All right folks. I just got the garrett proprietary cable to 1/4 headphone jack and installed it and tried it with my Tao bluetooth hookup...and it works.
So just to let any of you know you don't need to buy the z hookup proprietary !!!! either. Just get the garrett to 1/4 adapter and hook up your bluetooth transceiver. Happy hunting.

I just went on Amazon and ordered an aptx transceiver bluetooth 4.1 and same spec earbuds. Total was under 26 bucks! Been wanting to go wireless a long time.

Fivepin I picked up the Taotronics TT BA08 and tested it out by watching a few different videos on Netflix on my computer with my earbuds and there was no noticeable lag with lip sync. I am still waiting on my MD from Kellyco so I can not test that yet. I have it paired with the ncredible bluetooth sport earbuds and I also have a set of the auvio headphones.. Radio shack is going out of business so I'm picking up a bunch of stuff. I might pick up a set of the ncredible headphones also, they are very comfortable.
I have been doing some reading and the TTBA08 has a latency of 40ms, the garrett z lynk is 17ms and the Deteknix PRO Wireless is .06s which is 60ms.
I'll give the cheaper option a test once the detector arrives. Until then Ill be using it in my vehicle to get rid of the Aux cable and use the BT receiver to stream to the radio. Good job on your videos..

I have a V3i with the Wireless headphones but my wife wanted to be able to hear as well so back in 2011 I bought some Auvio 33-283 wireless headphones from Radio Shack for like $20.00 They work perfect and both the headphones and transmitter are rechargeable and last for days.

Wireless is the way to go...

Back
Top Bottom