• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New hottest pepper developed...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/05/19/uk-man-says-hes-grown-worlds-hottest-chili-pepper.html

Habaneros are about as high as I ever go on peppers in my food, just one in a big pot of chili makes things hot enough for me thank you.
If you search YouTube there seems to be no limit of people proving exactly how stupid they are by filming themselves eating ghost peppers and whatever else...and the ramifications.

The Carolina Reaper pepper has been king if the hill of the million plus Scoville unit super hot varieties at an average of about 1.5 million but could go up to even as high as 2.2 million units for the last few years.
This is one of my favorite products made with this thing if only for the packaging.
One single chip, I laugh when I look at and read the box it comes in.

erwre45435fds445.jpg

Recently a new pepper has been developed and they say quite by accident at first then cultivated for the last 8 years and they named it the "Dragons Breath Chili".
This obliterated the old record at a measured 2.48 million units.
It is way to hot to eat, it can possibly kill you if you try, but there might be other uses like it could be used as a topical anesthesia and who knows what else.
The oil is so hot it actually numbs the skin.

Such a tiny thing with so much power to hurt you, or help you...the world is a weird and strange place.

news-hottest-pepper.jpg

Attachments

• PicsArt_1495542704913.jpg
    PicsArt_1495542704913.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I eat dried ghost chili on a lot of my foods. I love the flavor of them. I got a few carolina reapers last year to try out, and they are just disgusting. Way too bitter. No good flavor at all. I imagine these new hottest peppers will be the same way.

I have some nice ghost pepper salt I like to use to season things.

Put some salt in a seal-able container, slice a ghost pepper in two, put it in the salt and let it sit for a while. Tasty :)

Have a bottle of this stuff that I use on those special occasions (like at home dying of the flu and can't breathe) A drop or 2 in a pot of chili will about kill you. Has a really good flavor to it though once you can feel anything again.

Attachments

• maddog.jpg
    maddog.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 117
I always liked jalapeno potato chips (even though I try to limit such snacks with too many calories and fat) and this thread got me to look online for other flavors of hot potato chips, anyone try any of these ?
hotchips1.jpg
hotchips2.jpg

I like a little spice in my food, but to be sucking air like you're hyperventilating trying to cool your mouth off while popping out beads of sweat on your forehead and your eyes watering and trying to eat ice cubes , is just to much for me. :laughing: I think I'm doing ok at the range of 1 to 1000 .

That pepper looks a lot like an unhealthy/rotted stem carolina reaper. But then again, a lot of the super hots look similar. This year I've got one exceptionally vigorous Bhut Jolokia and about 5 Smokin' Ed's plants growing. I also did one plain old Banana and a handful of Habeneros and bell peppers. I love growing peppers and tomatoes (Roma and San Marzano's primarily). I give the peppers to friends and make pizza sauce with the tomatoes.

The Red Savina habenero was created by "mistake" as well. A guy saw one funny looking habenero plant, and it started there.

Back
Top Bottom