New Pin Pointers ???

Clint in KY

A few years ago I got out of the MD hobby and sold off most of my equipment. Before I quit I went through three PPers. First was the one that came with my Fisher F-5 - too insensitive. Then a Garrett - good and sturdy, but had one feature I did not like. It detected all the shaft. It was very hard to locate the find. Then I got a White TRX and loved it. The TRX detected only right off the tip of the probe.

So looking to get back into the hobby I see that the TRX is no longer available. Has anyone found any of the newer (Chinese) PPers that shares that one characteristic?

Thanks for your help.

Come on you garrett lovers that also have a TRX, give Clit a call and sell him that extra pointer (TRX) and then take that money and get u a backup garrett to replace it and then we will have two folks that R happy. :)

OOPS!!!! sorry bout the spelling

Last edited:
Come on you garrett lovers that also have a TRX, give Clit a call and sell him that extra pointer (TRX) and then take that money and get u a backup garrett to replace it and then we will have two folks that R happy. :)

I have a feeling Clint doesn't appreciate that misspelling of his name. :shock:

A few years ago I got out of the MD hobby and sold off most of my equipment. Before I quit I went through three PPers. First was the one that came with my Fisher F-5 - too insensitive. Then a Garrett - good and sturdy, but had one feature I did not like. It detected all the shaft. It was very hard to locate the find. Then I got a White TRX and loved it. The TRX detected only right off the tip of the probe.

So looking to get back into the hobby I see that the TRX is no longer available. Has anyone found any of the newer (Chinese) PPers that shares that one characteristic?

Thanks for your help.

The new Quest X-Pointer Max has more sensitivity at the tip and can discriminate iron. From the manufacturer: "This pinpointer has been newly designed for extra sensitivity towards the tip of the pinpointer and lower sensitivity towards the base so that way you can pinpoint even more accurately."

https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Metal-Pinpointer-Discriminate-Non-Ferrous/dp/B09GFNGF4L

A buddy bought the new quest pp and his was crapp. He's happy with their headphones and both of us love their Q10 detector.

Back
Top Bottom