XP bone conduction headphones

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
I've been looking all over for a look at what type of adapter the conduction headphones use. Can someone please snap a pic and post it here on this thread for me? Also would.like to hear everyone's experiences with them so far, likes and dislikes. Thanks in advance!

Found a quick distant glance in this video but couldn't see close enough to tell exactly what type of connector it has. Looks similar to the equinox...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-110843_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-110843_YouTube.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 282
Looks like 7-8 pin, luckily they already have adapters. Thanks for your help Jeff! :laughing:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-123753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220227-123753_Chrome.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 265
They work best with the D2, not very good on the excalibur, and Ok on the AQ..the fitting is a M-8 6 pin code A .. male on the bone phones and female on the D2 housing.

Attachments

• 20220203_223107.jpg
    20220203_223107.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 20220203_233404.jpg
    20220203_233404.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 278
Thanks for the pics and connector clarification OBN, I might just pick up a pair eventually. I like the simplicity of them, not big and bulky like alot of other options.

They work best with the D2, not very good on the excalibur, and Ok on the AQ..the fitting is a M-8 6 pin code A .. male on the bone phones and female on the D2 housing.

Could the poorer performance on the AQ and Excalibur be due to the lack of sufficient power?

Could the poorer performance on the AQ and Excalibur be due to the lack of sufficient power?

I don't think it is a power issue for the AQ for it does work ok..but not blasting as I've heard from a few post on the D2...., but it maybe for the Excalibur.. the excals audio output is only .33mW's...

Now I have see a few say the audio on the D2 with the bonephones was just ok.. I see so many different reports who knows. One guy, Paystreak said the D2 with bone phones will rattle your head. Then another hunter on Steve's forum said he had to put them to his ears to hear them best. Now that is the way they are with the excalibur.. So who knows.

I'm going to ride the summer out with what I have, with gas going up and everything else, I will be hunting less this year so maybe no need for a new machine.

I don't think it is a power issue for the AQ for it does work ok..but not blasting as I've heard from a few post on the D2...., but it maybe for the Excalibur.. the excals audio output is only .33mW's...

Now I have see a few say the audio on the D2 with the bonephones was just ok.. I see so many different reports who knows. One guy, Paystreak said the D2 with bone phones will rattle your head. Then another hunter on Steve's forum said he had to put them to his ears to hear them best. Now that is the way they are with the excalibur.. So who knows.

I'm going to ride the summer out with what I have, with gas going up and everything else, I will be hunting less this year so maybe no need for a new machine.

My gut tells me there are quality control issues with these bone phones. Or, they're highly dependent on human anatomy with respect to how they perform.

My gut tells me there are quality control issues with these bone phones. Or, they're highly dependent on human anatomy with respect to how they perform.

I'm almost tempted to reverse engineer them..:?:.. cut them up and see what's inside.

I'm almost tempted to reverse engineer them..:?:.. cut them up and see what's inside.

On the one hand, I think you should. On the other hand, XP doesn't deserve to sell another pair of their headphones until they explain what's up with them.

Back
Top Bottom