Phone Mount for Detector???

Huckleberry

Elite Member
I am looking into the possibility of making some Youtube vids to be used as a tool in gaining permissions. (This is what I do and how I do it kind of thing.) My original thought was to mount the phone to the detector showing the settings, approach, signal, ect. Then after placing detector on ground, swivel phone to show the recovery and no lawn damage afterwards. The only thing that I have seen that might remotely work seems to be a bicycle phone mount, but they don’t allow the flexibility needed to do this. Anyone got any suggestions? GL and HH.

I am looking into the possibility of making some Youtube vids to be used as a tool in gaining permissions. (This is what I do and how I do it kind of thing.) My original thought was to mount the phone to the detector showing the settings, approach, signal, ect. Then after placing detector on ground, swivel phone to show the recovery and no lawn damage afterwards. The only thing that I have seen that might remotely work seems to be a bicycle phone mount, but they don’t allow the flexibility needed to do this. Anyone got any suggestions? GL and HH.

Give it a try, but to be honest, I simply can't watch videos where the camera is either mounted on the detector or worn on the head as there is simply too much camera movement.

If you want to wear the camera I would suggest one of those chest harnesses would be a better option....

I’ve just migrated to the chest mount after a couple years of recording through a hat mount, and I must say you are correct, the video is much more pleasing without the head tracking.

I agree with all the above replies, not to mention you can see what the viewers are seeing by looking down at the screen.

Back
Top Bottom