Question about Vanquish 440 - deep rusty nails

I don't know about the Vanquish but I know with the Nox 800 deep bent rusty nails can sounds like a good target so it's not just the Vanquish

I’m usually pretty desperate for silver and fall victim to little iron fake silver sounds in my Nox too…. I dunno, if in doubt, dig.

LTS, I believe its in the Multi-IQ. Just one on the downsides it has, and maybe the only one. I have been using the 800 for over 3 years and hunt pretty much on a regular basis. Not talking on iffy signals but on a clear repeatable hightone from at least 2 directions that sound great I have dug a bunch of rusty nails. I agree with others, there is a tonal nuance between a coin and rusty iron. Sometimes I'm able to pick up on it but usually dig it just in case. Good luck learning the new rig. Mark

LTS, I believe its in the Multi-IQ. Just one on the downsides it has, and maybe the only one. I have been using the 800 for over 3 years and hunt pretty much on a regular basis. Not talking on iffy signals but on a clear repeatable hightone from at least 2 directions that sound great I have dug a bunch of rusty nails. I agree with others, there is a tonal nuance between a coin and rusty iron. Sometimes I'm able to pick up on it but usually dig it just in case. Good luck learning the new rig. Mark

Thanks Mark, once I reach a certain AT Pro goal, hopefully this year, I will focus almost exclusively on learning the Vanquish.

i have a vanquish 440 and never had any problems with deep rusty nails sounding good
I just got a 440 and spent today digging up rusty nails. I tried coun and jewelry modes.. where do you set your sensitivity? Do I have mine set too high? It was full but I backed it down about 3-4 clicks.

I use the 540 and run Coin & Jewelry modes, mostly. I rotate around the target while swinging to try and listen for iron with the 'horseshoe' button engaged. Sometimes I'll also pump the coil up & down vertically over the target and listen for iron, but the pumping doesn't always tell the truth. I know if the iron is big enough it doesn't grunt and sounds great but the 540 does pretty well filtering out the rusty nails if I listen with focus. Best to ya & happy diggn'.

Back
Top Bottom