Slight Kellyco vent

Tatback

I just received my Whites Dual Field in the mail from a different vender and was planning on doing some beach hunts this weekend with some family.

I don't like to search without a coil cover and checked Kellyco and noticed it said the one I needed was in stock so I ordered it from them. I ordered it Tuesday hoping it would be here before the weekend since they are only 3 hours north of me. (If we were going to Disney this weekend I'd of just made the quick detour but we decided to go to the beach.)

Once I opened the email with the tracking code I noticed it was shipped from Knoxville Tennessee?!

I know its minor but I'm just frustrated as the only reason I ordered from there was the location.

Sorry.....vent over.

I just received my Whites Dual Field in the mail from a different vender and was planning on doing some beach hunts this weekend with some family.

I don't like to search without a coil cover and checked Kellyco and noticed it said the one I needed was in stock so I ordered it from them. I ordered it Tuesday hoping it would be here before the weekend since they are only 3 hours north of me. (If we were going to Disney this weekend I'd of just made the quick detour but we decided to go to the beach.)

Once I opened the email with the tracking code I noticed it was shipped from Knoxville Tennessee?!

I know its minor but I'm just frustrated as the only reason I ordered from there was the location.

Sorry.....vent over.

It was shipped from their Tn warehouse because they were out of stock in the Florida location.

I would just bet that after the winter we all had this year, and the coming out of a highly anticipated new detector they have been hammered with orders from folks really wanting to get out of the house and do some digging. Inventory will be getting low right about now.

I get that but we were just there maybe a month ago and that’s when I noticed the abundance of covers (a couple weeks before I decided to pull the trigger on the Dual Field). I take “in-stock” as I could drive to the store and pick it up. But if “in-stock” means either in store OR in another state all together, then it’s a good thing we didn’t make a special trip to buy the cover.

When a company has multiple locations a statement on the web that it is "in stock" means that they have the item ready to sell or ship at that time from one or more of the locations as compared to having to order it from the manufacturer or having it drop shipped to you from the manufacturer. When time is critical it usually pays to call or chat with the company.

Enjoy the time together with the family.

When a company has multiple locations a statement on the web that it is "in stock" means that they have the item ready to sell or ship at that time from one or more of the locations as compared to having to order it from the manufacturer or having it drop shipped to you from the manufacturer. When time is critical it usually pays to call or chat with the company.

Enjoy the time together with the family.

That I understand but I believe Kellyco only has one location. I can't find anything about another store. Treasure_hunter1 said it shipped from their warehouse in Tennessee but that's the first I've heard about Tennessee.

I did try to call also but no one picked up so I just ordered it since it did say in stock. Oh well....lesson learned.

But thank you, I'm very much looking forward to the beach getaway with the family.

Why didn't you just order one the same time you ordered the detector instead of complaining about it now? Doesn't make sense.....

You are mad at Kellyco cuz they had it in stock, just not where you thought it was going to come from...:laughing:

I don't deal with Kellyco.

Twice, they had an item listed as "in stock" so I ordered it. Both times, they really didn't have it in stock and I wasn't notified. I only noticed that no tracking number was issued so I called and they had no idea when they'd even have it to ship.

Who does that?!

Oh, yeah....Kellyco.

I'm so angry this morning, my coffee is just barely warm this morning. I'm calling Folgers and letting them know what crappy cold coffee they have. (as soon as I get out of bed)

Why didn't you just order one the same time you ordered the detector instead of complaining about it now? Doesn't make sense.....

Actually it does because they didn’t have it in stock and the dealer 3 hours away had it “in stock”

You are mad at Kellyco cuz they had it in stock, just not where you thought it was going to come from...:laughing:

If you go to a store and they don’t have it... you count that as in stock?

I don't deal with Kellyco.

Twice, they had an item listed as "in stock" so I ordered it. Both times, they really didn't have it in stock and I wasn't notified. I only noticed that no tracking number was issued so I called and they had no idea when they'd even have it to ship.

Who does that?!

Oh, yeah....Kellyco.

Yea but God forbid you say anything negative about kellyco

I'm so angry this morning, my coffee is just barely warm this morning. I'm calling Folgers and letting them know what crappy cold coffee they have. (as soon as I get out of bed)

Even though you’re mocking me, that was pretty funny.
Like I said, im just disappointed that said it was in stock (not in warehouse in another state). If I wanted to order it from out of state I could of just placed it with my other vendor.
I’ll be sure to call from now on and make one of them get up and physically place their hand on it from now on if I need anything else from them.

I understand your disappointment and after ordering a lot online I learned a very important lesson. After I order something I need FAST, I call. If I can't get through I keep calling. I tell them the dilemma and see if I can get it as fast as possible even if I have to pay more shipping or have it shipped to where I am going. I never wait for fate.

This new online ordering is a joke. I found that MOST places on Fee-Bay don't have things in stock. They get drop shipped. You pay a person, that person calls the company that sells or manufactures it and the company then sends it to you. Kellyco is probably NO EXCEPTION. They might not have it in stock in their store however they can get one shipped that day from their supplier.

We all live and learn. A small inconvenience.

I understand your disappointment and after ordering a lot online I learned a very important lesson. After I order something I need FAST, I call. If I can't get through I keep calling. I tell them the dilemma and see if I can get it as fast as possible even if I have to pay more shipping or have it shipped to where I am going. I never wait for fate.

This new online ordering is a joke. I found that MOST places on Fee-Bay don't have things in stock. They get drop shipped. You pay a person, that person calls the company that sells or manufactures it and the company then sends it to you. Kellyco is probably NO EXCEPTION. They might not have it in stock in their store however they can get one shipped that day from their supplier.

We all live and learn. A small inconvenience.

I know and it just bothers me how it's like that. My wife has her own business and the bulk of her business is online, we are constantly updating the quantity of the items we have on her site.

It's small just frustrating.

Tatback,
I hope you have a great weekend getaway and decompression time with the family.

Honestly Thank you. Seems like a decompression will do me good right about now haha.

Actually it does because they didn’t have it in stock and the dealer 3 hours away had it “in stock”

iu

So, because you didn't get a coil cover you ordered at the last minute, your weekend's ruined and you can't use your detector? :?: Why didn't you pay the cost to have it overnight shipped?

iu

So, because you didn't get a coil cover you ordered at the last minute, your weekend's ruined and you can't use your detector? :?: Why didn't you pay the cost to have it overnight shipped?

Ohh WOW... this is giving me chills. You are 100% correct, you must be a psychic!
Get a life.
Didn’t think ordering something 3 hours away with express shipping was last minute. And last minute for what?! Cause I plan on going detecting this weekend? I’m still going.
Maybe something as simple as a cover now showing up is enough to ruin your weekend but I’ll be with family still and Detecting and having a great time. Weekend is far from ruined. So far it’s been great. :D

Only issue I have is why say something is in stock when it’s not. Really a simple (and like I said slight complaint)

Ohh WOW... this is giving me chills. You are 100% correct, you must be a psychic!
Get a life.
Didn’t think ordering something 3 hours away with express shipping was last minute. And last minute for what?! Cause I plan on going detecting this weekend? I’m still going.
Maybe something as simple as a cover now showing up is enough to ruin your weekend but I’ll be with family still and Detecting and having a great time. Weekend is far from ruined. So far it’s been great. :D

Only issue I have is why say something is in stock when it’s not. Really a simple (and like I said slight complaint)

It was in stock, they had it in their warehouse in Tn.

It was in stock, it they had it in their warehouse in Tn.

I don't want to keep going around and around with this. Especially since I do not personally know you and I know from your past posts that you will defend Kellyco to the death.

When looking online at a store in Florida I do not count an item "in-stock" when the said item is at a warehouse in another state. In stock usually (at every store I've been to) means you can walk in and purchase the item. Even my local Lowes and Home Depot mark items as "out of stock" EVEN IF they have it at another store just a few miles away. Maybe they're wrong and should take notes from Kellyco. :?:

I should just change the title from Venting to maybe a PSA for anyone looking to make a trip to the store. If it says "In-stock" then call and make someone hold it before heading there because it could be in another state. Also when looking online at the Kelloco site it says nothing about a warehouse in Tennessee leading one to believe that the items in stock would in fact be at the only store location listed.

Back
Top Bottom