What a day! My best coin rolling experience!

equipmentandstuff

So I ordered 4 boxes of halves from 2 different branches of the bank I deal with. I got them in and sat down. The first box yielded nothing. Now, I have been averaging 1-2 40% silver coins per $500 box so I was a bit bummed out from the first box, but my luck was about to change. The second box yielded a treasure trove of goodies: 3-40% silver, 2-90% silver, 1-1987 S cameo, and 8-low mint year dates. I am pretty excited about the silver, but the 1987 S is unbelivably gorgeous...looks like it was just minted.

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

The third box yielded 2-40% silver and 2-low mint year dates.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l386/equipmentandstuff/DSC00587.jpg

The fourth box simply blew my mind...16...yes 16 40% silver!!!

DSC00586.jpg

Here is the pic of everything from today:

DSC00588.jpg

I have another $100 in pennies, dimes and nickels that I am about to dig into. I plan on getting 4 boxes of halves a week and simply recycle my money ;) I put the pen to the paper and I made a little over $40 in just silver melt value...I wonder what the 1987S will fetch?

Why would anyone spend a proof coin and put it in circulation like that? Oh well, their loss is your gain! Good finds.

Some kid probably took it from daddy's stuff.

I remember doing mess like that. Went through a boatload of Eisenhowers in my pre-teen years when video games first hit the convenience stores. (Anyone remember Asteroids?) :roll:

Geoff

The 50CT=1987-S PR in Numismatic News has it as $6.50, with no problems. On the gray sheet,the whole set goes for:bid=$3.50, ask=$4.00. <:-)

Thats interesting about the 1987-S. I had a box of Halves about 3 weeks ago and didn't have any 1987 dated coins in it period, let along a proof coin haha.
Way to go on that silver. I've found maybe 10 90% from banks in the last 10 years, but 9 of those years I wasn't getting halves, so go figure. keep it up, and keep posting your finds.

Back
Top Bottom