Silver Anxiety...

Phoenixkane

Does anyone else get small anxiety attacks when you're almost done with the box and you don't have silver yet? I seem to, and I don't know why. Just wondering if anyone else felt the same.

I got 2 boxes of halves today. I got a very sharp 2001 proof right off the bat and a bicentennial proof about half way through my first box. That would be all I pulled from my first box. I didn't get a single thing (silver, proof, or NIFC) from the bicentennial proof until about 7 rolls to go in my second box. I started to get anxious. That's when I finally pulled a 40%er, and I was relieved. The very next roll I pulled the most "without-a-doubt" 90%er I've seen so far for a decent haul.

I also had a lot (about 150) of BU 1998 P for some odd reason. I usually get a bunch of BU 2001 D because I'm in California, but hardly ever any from Philly.

HH Everyone

Attachments

• 20131114_111733.jpg
    20131114_111733.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20131114_111813.jpg
    20131114_111813.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 144
Congrats on getting the silver at the last minute. If you had started at the other end of the box, you would have gotten it alot earlier. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

I would rather find mine at the end of a box opposed to the beginning. Its always disappointing to get one in the first roll or two and think it might be an above average box only to search the whole way through with nothing else haha.

Congrats

Nice coins you got there. Love those 1964's. I will probably never find a 64 half in the dirt :(. Luckely I have dug two Walkers, and one Ben Frnak.
Good luck tomorrow with your two new boxes.

That's a good hunt for only 2 boxes! Congrats on that 64!! :D:D

In answer to your original question, KT always gets a bit antsy when He starts opening each box...How good or bad will it be? Are there any enders showing? Often when running a box of halves, KT is excited to open the first 10 rolls in the box, thinking it may be diagnostic of what is in the box...sometimes it is, but most of the time it is not!

Silver in half boxes seems to come in runs...and a few, very few singles scattered about. If you are on the right box, you get the first cycle through of a coin collector, perhaps deceased, who's relatives don't know or care about....They just want the cash now....ignorant or stupid...that attitude is what keeps KT in the CRHing hobby! When you rip a box that contains 19 40%ers, a couple of 64s, a few proofs, and one or two franklins or walkers, you know that's what you got! Especially proofs indicate to KT that they were serious about disposing of a coin collection for cash, for you have to rip off the cellophane wrapper to get them into circulation! Those were collector only coins. Sorry for the ramble! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom