Surplus of Nox 600's but still no 800's

screwynewy

Elite Member
It looks like there is a surplus of Nox 600's at dealers now but there is still a waitlist for 800's and dealers are back ordered. Why wouldn't Minelab focus more production time into making 800's if there are buyers out there waiting for them right now? Am I missing something :?:

It looks like there is a surplus of Nox 600's at dealers now but there is still a waitlist for 800's and dealers are back ordered. Why wouldn't Minelab focus more production time into making 800's if there are buyers out there waiting for them right now? Am I missing something :?:

Production time for the 800 is longer than the 600 due to the extra functions of the 800... :laughing:

Okay, not really... I have no idea but that is a very good question.

BCD

Maybe they mis-judged the market and will slow walk the 8's until they move the 6's and then run in a more correct ratio. I'm just guessing.

I don't have details but I know the lack of F-Point supply has halted F75+ production because the full package can't be filled. Maybe one of the components the 800 has included is in short supply. Headphones or WM08 module? Even though I just became a Minelab dealer I have zero info it's just something to consider.

I got my 800 in April within 30 days of on the waiting list. I think it depends on who your buying from.

I don't have details but I know the lack of F-Point supply has halted F75+ production because the full package can't be filled. Maybe one of the components the 800 has included is in short supply. Headphones or WM08 module? Even though I just became a Minelab dealer I have zero info it's just something to consider.

Will the WM08 module that comes with the CTX work on the Nox? I'm wondering how they'd pair up with each detector? They're wanting an arm and leg for the WM08 module. For what it is, it's a hell of a mark-up. Heck, I just paid over $12 dollars for a 50 cent nylon bolt and nut to attach my search coil. I'm sure that a lot of engineering went into the bolt and nut. lol

I'm a big advocate of supply and demand pricing. I took advantage of it for years. It all depends on which side of the fence that you're on. lol

beephead

If minelab releases the 800 in the numbers they did the 600, There would be 800s listed in the the classified used like the 600s,,and that's not good for revenue on minelabs part.Especially when the machine just hit the scene,and so many used 600s already sold or being sold.I believe they want to keep people wanting,and if they flood the market with the 800 like they did the 600 sales will drop .
Look at how many dealers are posting now they have 10 to 20 600s available,the markets already saturated with new and used equinox 600s...The same would happen to the 800s,I believe,,and sales would cease.

Because

They are cheaper, so they are making more 600s, and selling more 600s, it's a money thing for ML , the customer's don't count anymore, the people who are waiting for accessories, and 800s are on the back burner, can you feel the heat :roll: , believe me there are plenty of un- happy camper's left out in the cold on the side of a mountain, after being on the back burner cooked well done, with no answers from ML :mad: lesson learned here 4 sure. I guess the water hunting season will be gone, by the time i see my 15 inch Equinox coil :mad: Woodbutcher +1

Last edited:
I agree Surf! I been foaming at the mouth for a small coil for the NOX! My places i do not hunt with stock on my Etrac or CTX either , small is king in the trash.

There was a 800 earlier on ebay for msrp brand new in the box. Ive had calls from two dealers out west in gold country with 800s in stock. If you're on a waiting list at this point you need to do a little digging.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

I've been on a list just long enough that now that my 800 is in the mail I'm not sure I want it anymore. The 600 is doing just fine. If I do keep it I'm selling off the module and Bluetooth headphones that I have zero use for.

I think the demand for the 800 has been a lot greater than for the 600 and that's why the 600 has been more available. I don't think Minelab is playing, conquer and divide, but rather they just under estimated the 800 demand. Some people bought the 600 as a temporary solution until they could buy the 800 and when they got the 800, they put their 600 up for sale. That is why you see as many 600's for sale now.

Well, if the 800 is being held up because there aren't enough WM08 modules to package with it, my advice to Minelab would be to leave out the WM08 and reduce the price to $749. Everyone would be happier :)

I think the demand for the 800 has been a lot greater than for the 600 and that's why the 600 has been more available. I don't think Minelab is playing, conquer and divide, but rather they just under estimated the 800 demand. Some people bought the 600 as a temporary solution until they could buy the 800 and when they got the 800, they put their 600 up for sale. That is why you see as many 600's for sale now.
Bingo. This is dead on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cabelas

Bingo. This is dead on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well I am on a few lists. I also check Cabelas on a regular basis. Most of the past few days, the Nox 800 is not searchable, today 5/23 in the morning, it IS, they state 4-7 day delivery. So I am trying.

I don't know if this is a blip and will subsequently cause a back order

message to be delivered, or if Cabelas got in a new shipment. Free shipping offer on now.

Back
Top Bottom