• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Beach hunting with the Nox

Walrus350

Elite Member
What are your thoughts with fine sand getting into or out of the machine?

I haven't seen a Nox in person so I don't know where sand can enter other than the shaft.

I'd like a machine that doesn't have grit build-up after lots of beach hunts and doesn't succumb to wear/ damage from sand or dirt.

I use a Sand Shark and not worried about sand except for in the headphones.

Would I have to worry about sand with the Nox?

I ordered from David at River Team 6. I was put on the list on Feb.14. Talked with him a few weeks ago, he said he should get to me by the end of next week (March 30-31). He said they were only shipping him 8 of the 800's a week ( didn't say about the 600's )
So, not really an answer to your question, but it looks like about 7 weeks . I'm sure the list is much shorter now, so anyone ordering now shouldn't have nearly as long a wait.

So how did it go? Got sand in nooks and crannies or is it easy to clean with a quick rinse? I'm especially interested in the speaker grill.
HH

Well it seems to be easy to clean no sand problems yet. I try to keep it clean.
About the hunt...It worked great in black sand ,this particular beach was nasty on my Atpro!I couldn't use the pro there at all.

You can just spray it off with a hose. Issue is gonna be like any coated aluminum. Doesn't take long before it starts corroding the paint/powder coat off the rods. I already modded mine to carbon fiber.

I would recommend that you disassemble and rinse everything well. The lower rod WILL hold sand, debris and water so make sure its dumped, rinsed and drained or the next time you lift the coil above the armrest all that is going to come out of the holes on the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom