Carbon fiber shaft for Simplex+

Metal detecto

Elite Member
Hello, I've been using my trusty simplex for a few weeks now, and I've seen online about 'carbon fiber' shafts. For the simplex, it's about 50 bucks, (both telescoping rods included.) So cutting to the chase, here are my questions.

1) What do carbon fiber shafts do?

2) Do you feel anything different with it compared to the stock ones?

3) Is it worth it in general?

I love my Simplex, but need a good pinpointer, trying to go for the Garrett carrot. If I save the money, I can buy one, which should I do? :?:

Thanks,
Metal detecto

I got my simplex carbon fiber shaft at Big Boys Hobbies for 39 bucks. The new shaft lightens the detector and stiffens up the shaft wobble that the simplex is known for.
As for a pinpointer save for the Garrett carrot or as a backup I use the Dr Otek. It doesn't make noise though uses vibration and a color changing light to let you know how far away from the target you are. It is water proof and it self ground balances. Pretty good for $50.The carrot it way better in my opinion .

If you can live with the original shaft I would go with a good pinpointer first.

I would definitely get the pinpointer before you invest in the carbon fiber rod. I like my carbon fiber rods but a pinpointer is a must have for me. I have lower rods for both of my coils and they do eliminate any wobble. I also really like the way they look compared to the stock rods.

Thank you all, I did get the Garrett Carrot, super stoked by how awesome it does! Saving up for a carbon fiber shaft with the clad I find!

Thanks,
metal detecto

Back
Top Bottom