• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Considering carbon fiber shaft for my Nox 800

SO sorry to dredge up this old thread/post, but...

KOB -- I am so sorry to hear that while the counterweight is a "vast improvement" for you with the 11" coil, it is not as effective for you when you are using the 15". That to me is a DEFINITE indication that we should have gone with the larger counterweight (which allows much more weight to be installed, if the smaller counterweight's capacity is not enough to achieve the needed comfort when swinging the big coil). I would happily have swapped you out for the larger one, had you contacted me (I'm not sure which one of my customers you are, by your "forum name," or I would contact you directly via email).

Tell you what, since the only reason I sell the counterweights in the first place is so that folks DO feel the improvement, and since you DID feel the improvement with the 11" coil, I want to follow through, meet your expectations, and accomplish similar improvement for you with the 15" coil, by sending you a new, larger counterweight at no charge. I'll send you a PM, to maybe reach you that way, but I also wanted to post this publicly, so that I can reiterate that ANYONE who is one of my customers knows that if they have any concerns or issues after the sale, PLEASE contact me, and I will do everything I can to assist.

Thanks!

Steve
No worries Steve. I may take you up on a deal the next time around because I sold it ! I never did tell you , I just modified it myself with a SS slug making it heavier. But it still wasn't really enough and I didn't want to go with the 6". You wanted me to adjust my swing , which is easier said then done. You can't just get someone to change like that after swinging a certain way for 40 years. I'm tall and walk fast with my arm extended. But I do have an idea. Maybe try making a counter weight that is short and wide or fat. Rather than long and narrow. More weight could be added and less chance of it interfering with clothes or a backpack when swinging. Also maybe make the balance out of metal ?

KOB -- thanks for the reply; I now vaguely remember the discussion with a customer (must've been you!) regarding swing style, etc.

I will take your thoughts into consideration regarding the counterweight design. The issue with making them "short and fat," is that a larger diameter would make the counterweight stick up higher than the base of the arm cuff -- which means it would run the risk of rubbing on your elbow while detecting (that's how I decided on the diameter that I use currently).

Thanks for the info, and feedback! Much appreciated!

Steve

Guy on beach had his set up on one, let me hold it. Quite nice. If I was swinging it day in and day out many hours a day I would get one. I’m not able to be out that much to justify. I use my ctx more

beamwalker -- are you talking about one of my shafts, or was it a different brand of shaft?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom