• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Military Silver, A Big Silver Coin, And F Troop

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some recent finds. I found a cool Sterling Expert Marksman badge, a few silver coins including a Walker, an infantry F Troop collar badge, and a cool football charm.
Hope you’re all having a good weekend.

Attachments

• 634363EC-268E-4B43-BBCA-23D661374A74.jpg
    634363EC-268E-4B43-BBCA-23D661374A74.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 745
  • CECFF06B-F361-47E1-B979-09963A90C602.jpg
    CECFF06B-F361-47E1-B979-09963A90C602.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 711
  • A1FF3A9F-566F-4532-9087-CDDA4E08E84F.jpg
    A1FF3A9F-566F-4532-9087-CDDA4E08E84F.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 709
  • 63BCE41D-B7A3-4EFC-84AB-D5D9D3129E8D.jpg
    63BCE41D-B7A3-4EFC-84AB-D5D9D3129E8D.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 710
  • DF735928-AA12-4C76-9036-545DDE7636F6.jpg
    DF735928-AA12-4C76-9036-545DDE7636F6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 722
  • 71114EA7-68A3-4008-81B2-F9C37AB5AA34.jpg
    71114EA7-68A3-4008-81B2-F9C37AB5AA34.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 709
Love black silver, cleaned up great. I'd wear that F troop button and go back for more!
All great stuff!

add text

A bunch of cool finds there Jason. Congrats on the shiny. It seems alot of Walkers are being found this year. When I first saw F-troop I immediately thought of Larry Storch. ha ha. The Fakowi tribe. Good luck, Mark

OMG ! F Troop! starring Ken Berry Forrest Tucker Larry Storch. hilarious sitcom from the 50s- 60s .

i would have picked that over the silver for the fun of it!

yea..love the old shows and the heck with who thinks what about them today.

great finds heck of a day! ...

Awesome finds!!! Congratulations!
Thanks
Congrats Jason , all cool stuff especially the Half and the Experts badge . Nice pictures also .
Thank you, appreciate it.
Love black silver, cleaned up great. I'd wear that F troop button and go back for more!
All great stuff!
Thanks. It would be cool to find a back and wear the F Troop button. It is a screw on back.
Nice to see the silver cleaned looks so much better, always clean mine. Cool finds as always, congrats. :shock:
Thanks and yes, black/grey silver is so ugly.
Thanks
I don't know how you keep finding all that stuff?👍
Thanks, it's a lot of work.
A bunch of cool finds there Jason. Congrats on the shiny. It seems alot of Walkers are being found this year. When I first saw F-troop I immediately thought of Larry Storch. ha ha. The Fakowi tribe. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark. I loved F Troop when I was younger but haven't watched it in years.
Cool finds! curious how you cleaned those up so nicely
Thanks. I soak it in lemon iuice and then clean it with a baking soda paste. If it is really oxidized, fold a piece of foil, shiny side against the coin after taking out of lemon juice. The coin will sizzle and leave it just for a few seconds. Then clean with baking soda paste. There's youtube videos on the foil method.
OMG ! F Troop! starring Ken Berry Forrest Tucker Larry Storch. hilarious sitcom from the 50s- 60s .

i would have picked that over the silver for the fun of it!

yea..love the old shows and the heck with who thinks what about them today.

great finds heck of a day! ...
Thanks and it was a heck of a show. Maybe I should watch it again. Been years.

I like the fresh-reveal shot of the walker half in-the-field. Let's face it: Our finds wouldn't be half-as-fun , if they came out of the ground candy-apple clean and nice. Right ? :laughing:

You’re STILL running that dinosaur turd machine?? I’ll bet if you had an Equinox you’d have TRIPLE the silver and it would be three times better too! You snooze you lose, I don’t know what else to say....;)

Dang a badge like that, a Walker and a nice green marble and a Merc!!! Awesome finds Jam. Bucketlister on the medal and Walker! Congrats!

Very nice finds....
Actually, the silver military item you found is not a "Marksman" item, but an "Expert".
There were three possible grades of pin you could get according to how well you did on the rifle range during basic training in the Army.
The three grades were "Marksman", the lowest grade, then "Sharpshooter", and finally "Expert". The three pins were similar in design but with a small difference for each grade. The Marksman pin was just the cross, the Sharpshooter was the cross with the bullseye, and the expert, which you have, has the cross, the bullseye and the wreath. The loops on the bottom of the pin were for an attachment to hang on it which had the name of the weapon you won the pin with.
On the range you were given 90 shots at targets ranging from 25 yards up to 100 yards. You needed a minimum of 30 to be a Marksman, 45 to be a Sharpshooter, and 60 to be an expert.
I remember this because when I was taking basic training in the army at Fort Dix, New Jersey in 1965 I was a "Sharpshooter" and the hanger on my pin said "M-14"
A few years ago I dug a "Marksman" pin.

Very nice finds....
Actually, the silver military item you found is not a "Marksman" item, but an "Expert".
There were three possible grades of pin you could get according to how well you did on the rifle range during basic training in the Army.
The three grades were "Marksman", the lowest grade, then "Sharpshooter", and finally "Expert". The three pins were similar in design but with a small difference for each grade. The Marksman pin was just the cross, the Sharpshooter was the cross with the bullseye, and the expert, which you have, has the cross, the bullseye and the wreath. The loops on the bottom of the pin were for an attachment to hang on it which had the name of the weapon you won the pin with.
On the range you were given 90 shots at targets ranging from 25 yards up to 100 yards. You needed a minimum of 30 to be a Marksman, 45 to be a Sharpshooter, and 60 to be an expert.
I remember this because when I was taking basic training in the army at Fort Dix, New Jersey in 1965 I was a "Sharpshooter" and the hanger on my pin said "M-14"
A few years ago I dug a "Marksman" pin.

It is a "Marksmanship qualification badge".

Expert
Sharpshooter
Marksman

The one pictured is tge Expert Marksmanship badge.

Back
Top Bottom