• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I did NOT expect this today...

Great, GREAT find, man! Sometimes you find things where there is really no reason for them to be. A friend of mine found a War of 1812 era military uniform button in Texas, where it had no right to be. I found a civil war era eagle button in the deep East Texas woods (which was a wilderness until the 1890s or so). I've spent many an hour searching a couple of civil war battle sites and found lots of stuff, but the only Confederate 'I' button I ever found was a surface find in a cow trail rut on my grandparents' land in East Texas, where NOTHING civil war related happened! You just never know WHAT you'll find!

Congratulations on that piece of history. I would have loved to seen that in the hole. Had the property been in the current owners family for a long time? Maybe they know who could have warn it. Did you show them the find? Thanks for sharing.

The current homeowners have been there maybe 25 years. I do have information on who owned the property from the time it was built in the 1870s. But I've not yet been able to definitively connect a name to a civil war 'roster.'

Congratulations on that piece of history. I would have loved to seen that in the hole. Had the property been in the current owners family for a long time? Maybe they know who could have warn it. Did you show them the find? Thanks for sharing.

That is an amazing find! I know how excited I was when I found a civil war button in my yard. Good Thing you dug the “ aluminum can” signal. Congrats !

I'm just lucky I didn't stick my shovel through it. When you 'know' it's an aluminum can, sometimes you're not as careful as you otherwise might be. That would have been a very hard lesson.

That is a great find! A Civil War belt buckle is on my bucket list, hope I find one someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT find, congrats! I bet the previous detectorists thought it WAS just a flat hunk of odd metal, and didn't dig it!

Back
Top Bottom