Civil War Coin purse - full of coins

That's just amazing... I would probably cry too if I found a loot like that... the poor guy probably put alot of hours into it before getting that find... awesome post!

I think just about everything has been said that needs to be said about this great find.

Truly that man received a great experience few will ever know,

One thing that hit me as I watched these was the significance of this find in another direction other than historic.

This finally proves something that has been debated for years. That is, did 19th century people usually carry gold coins?

I've always believed they did and this is strong evidence in that direction.

Many THers over the years have argued that gold coins spent most of their days in banks and not in purses. This story strongly refutes that theory.

Here's one more comment: I believe there are more gold coins out there to find than what most THers think.

A $1 gold coin is very small and would be extremely difficult to detect at 9 inches deep. People have always loved gold and have always felt more secure by having it on their person.

This has been discussed on several forums.... I agree.. amazing find. My only complaint was how long they dragged it all out.... but super coins for sure. RickO

Back
Top Bottom