marine - navy buttons on sat. some civil war lead today

Max-VaBeach-Va

Forum Supporter
sailed over to the button patch on saturday and tried a new plan of attack. changed coils from factory to sunray X5 and hunted under all vines and tight spots where i have not hunted or not hunted good in the past few weeks, and managed to find 2 more buttons.

one nice marine and smaller navy like some of the ones from past hunts.
sunday i get a call early from sharkhunter and we head to suffolk area, maybe ina's field maybe. anyway when i take off the blindfold, i see water and then dig some bullets for 2009 -my first this year.

i have a question about one of the bullets, u will see pic - wondering about age, both sharkhunter and i found one each.

good luck to everyone

DJ319FI.jpg

DJ319NAVY2.jpg

DJ319NAVY.jpg

DJ319FICOMBO.jpg

DJ319NAVYCOMBO.jpg

DJ319NUT.jpg

S U N D A Y
DF191.jpg

DF192.jpg

DF19ODD.jpg

DF19NUT.jpg

Nice finds again. I see you are still getting plenty of shotgun shells from the "button patch". Can't tell about that one ringed bullet. Most of that type were hollow ended. Sure an interesting looking melted one. I went by the "bean fields" Sunday but no one was there. Wound up hitting the school instead. Glad to see you had some luck on the relics.:yes:

Bullet guess

Max I can't hazard a guess on the caliber but that slug appears to me a modern wad-cutter type bullet. Shootin ranges who sell reloaded ammo for target practice use to use a lot of'em.

Back
Top Bottom