Coins? Buttons?

*Cali Girl*

Elite Member
Found 2 of these at a park this past weekend. Rang up in the 60's on the ATP. They're extremely thin and fragile so I don't want to clean them too much but I hope there's enough detail to clue someone.

Thanks!

are both photos the same item?
looking at the 2nd pic, i see the face on it but no signs of any writing around it like most coins would have.
i'd love to be able to say for sure that you had a really old coin there, but i've got my doubts with that one. sorry. :(

are both photos the same item?
looking at the 2nd pic, i see the face on it but no signs of any writing around it like most coins would have.
i'd love to be able to say for sure that you had a really old coin there, but i've got my doubts with that one. sorry. :(

I highly doubt it's an old coin but it left me confused after I seen the face. On the other side I can make out the stars but that's about it :?:

Nice find good luck making it out. I would not know how to clean it because I am still learning about this myself.

that's some wicked corrosion! :shock:
back to the first item, i've looked through a ton of button pics on google and couldn't find anything with that image on it. :no:
as for item 2, that could be a coin, it's really hard to say.

I'm going with decorative coins. The type you might see sewn into clothing at an ethnic festival or wedding. Cool finds!

I'm going with decorative coins. The type you might see sewn into clothing at an ethnic festival or wedding. Cool finds!

+1

I think you nailed it. It was just what I was thinking and you already wrote it.

Interesting find *Cali Girl* :yes:

I found some thing similar where the belly dancers were set up every year at a local midevil fair, they always seemed super toasty, even the ones on the surface. Would love to see yours turn out to be the real deal though!

Back
Top Bottom