Got my first War Nickel!

StratTone

Elite Member
I know it isn't that big of a deal to most but I've been wanting one for a while. Didn't even think it was anything other than a regular Jefferson coming out of the ground. I was rubbing it to see the date a good bit then saw a slight sheen and realized I finally got it.

Other notable finds are a buffalo that I can only see 19XX on, some cuff links, two makeup compacts, plated junker ring, what I think is a piece of decorative stuff for furniture, a 1934 wheat, 1941 Netherlands 2 1/2 cent piece, and a broken old padlock.

Attachments

• hx7seBc.jpg
    hx7seBc.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 273
  • um2DRWp.jpg
    um2DRWp.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
  • RIbMDpH.jpg
    RIbMDpH.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 1Yj7i4P.jpg
    1Yj7i4P.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 270
  • CNbriUu.jpg
    CNbriUu.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 211
That's an awesome hunt. Great relics and you'll know what's up next time you're a few inches deep in old dirt and see a shiny nickel!

I'm going to guess the number on the padlock is a date, possibly even an address, and not a model number. Very cool. Even junk rings are cool when they're old junk rings.

Last edited:
pretty soon it will be your first merc. Then your first barber. Then your first seated. Then your first gold coin, etc..... Bucket listers will fly by ! Within a couple of years: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :laughing:

A big ATTABOY on you first war nickel, always a nice surprise when one shows up, and you had 2/3rds of the trifecta. Buffs are sweet finds also. Congrats on the rest of the cool digs as well. Good luck Mark

pretty soon it will be your first merc. Then your first barber. Then your first seated. Then your first gold coin, etc..... Bucket listers will fly by ! Within a couple of years: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :laughing:

lol I wish!! I've gotten the Washington quarter, buff, indian, merc, rosy, and walking liberty but the war nickel eluded me. Been trying a while to get one.

Now I want my first Barber dime! :D

A big ATTABOY on you first war nickel, always a nice surprise when one shows up, and you had 2/3rds of the trifecta. Buffs are sweet finds also. Congrats on the rest of the cool digs as well. Good luck Mark

Ah I didn't even think about that! I should have went at the nickels more.

Congratulations on your first war nickel! That's a fantastic find! :clapping:

It’s been four years since I started detecting and I’ve only found two war nickels so far and neither of them looked nearly as good as yours, Big Congrats on the silver nickel and all the other fine digs!

Back
Top Bottom