My best silver day ever! 10 silvers, some wheats, a buffalo and some relics.

Waveoff

Elite Member
Today started off with me not feeling like doing anything. I was heading to my girlfriend's house when my buddy Tyler texted me and asked if I wanted to meet up with him and one of his friends at the pounded park. It's sort of on the way to my girlfriend's...might as well stop!

Things started off slow and I was only finding clad and a wheat here and there. Tyler found himself a 1906 Barber dime and a sweet 1917-D Type 2 SLQ about the time I found this bling ring. There's no markings and it feels lighter than it should. Then I found a thin, flattened piece of sterling silver. An old napkin holder perhaps? A random Buffalo popped out of the ground in a spot I thought would produce some silver. False alarm. The vintage fashion button that looks like a Roman coin showed up a little later.

My first silver was a war nickel. After finding that, it was game on! I worked that spot and ended up pulling out 3 GW's, 4 Rosie's and 2 more war nickels. There were two spills that had multiple silvers in them. I've never found this many silvers in one day! My buddies don't count war nickels as silver but I do.:lol:

wAHdnrc.jpg

HWC0bkM.jpg

602Yxn3.jpg

Absolutely amazing. Not too many double digit silver hunts posted. I can’t believe how much public silver you guys find! Wow!

Absolutely amazing. Not too many double digit silver hunts posted. I can’t believe how much public silver you guys find! Wow!

Thanks man! I do believe this is my first double digit hunt. Perhaps you could squeeze some silver out of these parks as well if you make it up this way.:yes:

Thanks man! I do believe this is my first double digit hunt. Perhaps you could squeeze some silver out of these parks as well if you make it up this way.:yes:

How’s the weather Monday? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow!! What a hunt!!! Congrats!

Thank you! Hopefully I can keep the streak going tomorrow!

How’s the weather Monday? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lol:
It's looking like a high of 37 with flurries here. I'm leaving town Monday for Las Vegas and won't be back until Friday!

Congrats on your first double digit silver hunt...outstanding!

Thank you Captain!

Awesome day, congrats! 10 silver is tough to do and a day you’ll always remember.

Thanks Jam! I never expected a double digit hunt in a pounded park. The spot we were in looked like a minefield from all of the previous plugs from other detectorists.:lol:

Excellent hunt indeed! Nice job!!

Thank you Tom!

Incredible hunt, WTG!

So do your friends not count 40% halves either? I call BS. War nickels absolutely count for the count...

Incredible hunt, WTG!

So do your friends not count 40% halves either? I call BS. War nickels absolutely count for the count...

Thank you marcomo! My thoughts exactly! They're shortchanging themselves on their yearly totals if you ask me.:yes:

Some very fine digging Fred. Congrats on a huge Silver Day. Digging 10 in one outing is rare. Oh the War Nickles do count. Congrats! Trapper

Thank you Trapper! I was hoping for a double digit silver day this year. I'm glad I was able to get one this early in the year. If the silver master (Trapper) says war nickels count, then they count!:D

Wow great hunt double digits silver is rare and something to be proud of! Also 3 war nickles in one hunt is pretty rare as well. You obviously are in tune with your machine

Congrats Waveoff on an awesome silver day!!!

Thank you! It'll be hard to top that one!

OUTSTANDING day Fred. That place is far from hunted out. I hope your buddy sees this post. ha ha ! HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I can't believe we missed those targets on our hunt there together. You hit it with your Nox and big coil and then I hit it with my Nox and Etrac after my Nox died. I guess I got lucky and hit the targets from the proper angle or something yesterday. I so badly wanted my "pal" to roll up so I could hold out my hand and say, "Hey Wayne, you missed a couple silvers here at 'your' spot!" Obviously that place is far from hunted out. I hope we can get back there soon and see what kind of goodies you can find with the 11" coil on. Good luck today if you get out!

WTG!!! wave awesome double digit hunt congrats bro:D

Thanks man! It'll be a hard performance to repeat but I'm going to have fun trying to do double digits again.:)

Wow great hunt double digits silver is rare and something to be proud of! Also 3 war nickles in one hunt is pretty rare as well. You obviously are in tune with your machine

Thank you! I was lucky yesterday and just happened onto the right spot. I'm still learning some of the nuances with the Nox but I'm loving it so far. I have to admit that two of the war nickels were part of a two different spills so they rang up with pretty good "dig me" signals. I try to dig all solid signals that ring up from 10 through 14 so I don't miss any nickels.

Back
Top Bottom