Minelab Equinox 800

pjcd

Hi to everyone, I'm looking to buy a Minelab Equinox 800 and was wondering if anyone has any feedback. I presently own a Whites IDX SL with a Blue Max 950 coil. I will mostly be hunting fields and beaches.

Great machine

I am currently swinging the Eq 800 , more than my Ctx3030, Excaliburs, & Df, also the Gt has a lonely life in the closet, land hunting the Ctx3030 is better, but in its price range the Eq 800 is hard to beat, i like both of these machines, they are solid performers, with great result's. The Equinox is also very light , your arm wont feel like its falling off after swinging for 8 hour's , happy hunting, Earl

Last edited:
I've looked at some of Minelab's other machines and I keep getting drawn back to the 800. The E-trac and Safari were considerations, but I really wanted something waterproof. Thanks for the input.

Rattlehead's review and thoughts are pretty much the same as mine. I keep looking at other detectors and I realize that even my Equinox 600 is as good or better than the competition whether they are comparable single frequency models or the single use multi frequency Makro/Nokta and XP models. I have the Nox 800 and 600. They aren't going anywhere until I see something substantially better which will probably be the Equinox version 2!

Jeff

Hi to everyone, I'm looking to buy a Minelab Equinox 800 and was wondering if anyone has any feedback. I presently own a Whites IDX SL with a Blue Max 950 coil. I will mostly be hunting fields and beaches.

It’s a nice detector.
User’s manual must be viewed online or printed. Unit does not come with manual.
Cheers.

My take here.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=256654

I have both a 600 and 800 Nox. I sold my AT Pro and love both my Equinoxs'. I keep a 6" coil on the 800 and the stock coil on the 600. I only dig dirt so I can't comment on water hunting. I am very pleased with both my machines.

Well sorry, but not sure if you can get anyone to admit they actually own a Nox 800 or even talk about it. :lol:

Welcome to the forum from SW WI

Thanks for the input, I'll be purchasing the 800 in April and will try it out then and post my impressions.

Back
Top Bottom