Need help identifying hidden cave entrance !

Typhoon

Hello gentlemen,

First of all i want to thank this community members for their passion and knowledge sharing.

I'am new to treasure hunting, i am suspecting that the rock in the pictures below is covering a cave, i took the pictures myself in a hill near some historic ruins ( i have an information that there is a cave entrance covered by a round rock in this mountain ).

Please tell me what do you think as you are far more experienced than me, is this rock in this position natural or human made ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190128-144326.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-144326.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Screenshot_20190128-144250.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-144250.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 966
  • Screenshot_20190128-144318.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-144318.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 942
  • Screenshot_20190128-144224.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-144224.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 862
  • Screenshot_20190128-144233.jpg
    Screenshot_20190128-144233.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 889
I think you've got your work cut out for you!!

Do you have permission to move some of those large rocks from the top? Might be able to get a better idea of what is going on. Keep us posted, looks like you are on to something!

Thank you for your reply Pappy Griff,

I dont have any permision, i think i will just go and move the rock to see if there is something behind.

Do you have an idea how to move this rock or a part of it fastly and stealthly without bringing unwanted attention. Or better yet to know if there is something behind without moving it ?

Thanks.

I dont have any permision, i think i will just go and move the rock to see if there is something behind.

Do you have an idea how to move this rock or a part of it fastly and stealthly without bringing unwanted attention. Or better yet to know if there is something behind without moving it ?

Thanks.

Hydraulic jack?

Thats a really good idea, thank you very much Rudy.

I must use one like those used by car mechanics ? I estimated the weight of the rock of about 1200kg. You think i must use the jack in what side of the rock ?

Thank you.

Thats a really good idea, thank you very much Rudy.

I must use one like those used by car mechanics ? I estimated the weight of the rock of about 1200kg. You think i must use the jack in what side of the rock ?

Thank you.

Just try to wedge a bottle jack between the stone you want moved and a stone behind it. You don't need to lift the stone, you just need to tilt it away from what is behind it, to see if there is a cave. $20 at Harbor Freight will get you this.

image_20932.jpg

Thanks.

If you don't want to bring too much attention to yourself, I'd start by clearing out the lose debris that has settled at the top (third pic). That might even get you a view of a potential opening. Not sure what type of land it is on (private/state/federal) so don't do anything that's gonna land you in the hoosegow!

Go back behind the rock a few feet and use a probe. Probably very rocky but keep trying to fit it in and see if it hits hollow space.

@ Jimther : thank you, what makes you think its biblical ?

@ Ruddy : i will absolutly use the jack method you mentioned, but do you think this jack have enough range to tilt this rock about 50cm ?

@ Pappy Griff : indeed i need to work stealthly, local people are aware of something hidden in the area but they dont have informations about the exact location. And everytime the see strangers they assume they are searching for treasure. I will probably tilt it by night.

@ Scooterjim : hhh this will probably destroy the cave entrance too if it exists.

@ pplinker : thank you, i think that tilting the rock directly with a jack is faster and easier.

@ Ruddy : i will absolutly use the jack method you mentioned, but do you think this jack have enough range to tilt this rock about 50cm ?

It should be enough to let you peek behind the boulder and see if there is a cave entrance there.

If there really is a cave in them thar hills, that was obscured by "a round rock", it is almost certainly not that rock! That thing is way too huge to be a practical plug, supposedly moved into position by somebody hiding a stash. If the story allows for heavy machinery, then maybe. Otherwise, try to imagine a team of men and horses trying to move that thing, when a pile of manageable boulders would be so much easier.
On the other hand, that looks like gold country. Just start digging behind that sucker, and sluice all the dirt for yellow. Keep at it for several days, and you should satisfy your curiosity of a cave, gain some valuable experience, and maybe get some gold, or make a grand discovery! Good luck!

If that is a cave it most likely contains bats. If you’ll sit by the entrance as it gets dark, they will fly out of the cave to feed. That should show you the entrance or it may point to another entrance nearby. Not to be a buzzkill, but don’t enter it alone caves can be extremely dangerous. Have a buddy and some rope.

Anyone else get the feeling this is illegal? Or is it just me?

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

@ Ruddy : thanks, its definitly the method i will use.

@ Foragist : there is a few nearby houses in the area, its just that we dont want to bring a lot of attention. What is the gold country ?

@ Texaslurker : i dont think its that kind of wild caves. I will be accompagned by a friend. Thank you a lot for caring.

@ L0S3R : Not illegal at all. I dont think that it worths doing all the paper work to get permission just to tilt a rock.

It's is supposed to be a large cave just hold a lighter near it to see if there is any type of large drafts around the edges of the rock. May be a quick way to tell if there is anything behind it without bothering to move the rock at all.

So your saying paperwork is required to do this but you don’t wanna do the papers? That says illegal to me.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom