SunRay Target Probes

13rannon

Elite Member
I was wondering if installing SunRay Target Probes on your White's Vision voids the warranty?

...also does it void any warranties on other brands?

Thanks

I was wondering if installing SunRay Target Probes on your White's Vision voids the warranty?

...also does it void any warranties on other brands?

Thanks

Nope, it is perfectly ok to install the probe on any detector that model probe was designed for. Because each detector manufacturer uses a different wiring scheme to attach the coil, it is important that you don't try to install the wrong model Sunray on a detector (assuming that the connectors were even the same).

The SunRay easily clips on all detectors except the Minelab Exp/SE/Etrac where it has to be actually mounted on the shaft. Ralph at SunRay told me it does void the warranty if this particular model is not installed by him at SunRay (distributors sell the probe already mounted to an extra shaft for these detectors).

I stand corrected in regards to the ML Exp/SE/Etrac.

My friend (moseng on forum) has a SunRay on his E-Trac that he installed himself. He had to disassemble the handle to install it. It works great.

Nope, it is perfectly ok to install the probe on any detector that model probe was designed for. Because each detector manufacturer uses a different wiring scheme to attach the coil, it is important that you don't try to install the wrong model Sunray on a detector (assuming that the connectors were even the same).

Well the DX-1 was made for the MXT/DFX. The White's Vision has the same connector, but I was wondering if it might void a warranty.

Back
Top Bottom