I own an etrac, worth getting a Nox 800?

Jackstraw044

Greetings all. I'll get straight to the point. I have owned my eTrac for over a year and I love it. I also really want a Nox based on things I've been reading. Is the hype real? Is it worth getting a Nox 800 to compliment my eTrac? They're both expensive but I don't want to sell my eTrac. That is, unless the Nox will make me not want to use my eTrac anymore. Maybe own both for a while then decide?
Lastly, is there new tech around the corner that is worth waiting for from Minelab? I fear I'll get the Nox then something new will come out (just my luck).

Thanks for your input.

-Jim from PA

In my opinion, The CTX 3030 is the future. The Nox 800 or 600 will never grow old .

GLHH!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Hi Jim,
Only you can decide if you would enjoy/need the 800. From my experience using and owning the 800, all I can say is I love the Equinox. I use it exclusively for beach hunting and it’s proven to be a decent detector.
Combining the two you should have your detecting bases covered.
I use the Deus as well and I’m glad I can change it up with both detectors.
Good luck!

Greetings all. I'll get straight to the point. I have owned my eTrac for over a year and I love it. I also really want a Nox based on things I've been reading. Is the hype real? Is it worth getting a Nox 800 to compliment my eTrac? They're both expensive but I don't want to sell my eTrac. That is, unless the Nox will make me not want to use my eTrac anymore. Maybe own both for a while then decide?
Lastly, is there new tech around the corner that is worth waiting for from Minelab? I fear I'll get the Nox then something new will come out (just my luck).

Thanks for your input.

-Jim from PA

I have both detectors.
If you mostly coin hunt on land, the e-trac all the way!
Nox is a good unit and no where near as heavy as the e-trac.
If you plan on doing any beach or water hunting, get the Nox.
Or sell your e-trac and get a CTX. FBS baby, all the way!!

The Equinox is a lot of hype. I own the Equinox 800 it is not my best detector. I use other detectors more of the times that I go detecting.

I don't like to follow the crowds and use what works for everyone else, I like using what works for me.

I think they compliment eachother very well. FBS is still top dog for coin shooting IMHO, but the Equinox is outstanding for trashy sites and eeking out those last few finds at heavily hunted sites.

have been thinking this same thing.
haven't got a lot of time yet with my eTrac still learning it but have been thinking of getting rid of the old Tecknetics Omega and getting a Nox 800 to go along with my eTrac and my sons Vanquish.

You also need to take into account, the type of sites your hunting. If your going to buy an equinox 800 to try and find deep turf coins your etrac missed, your probably going to have a tough time, unless the trash is heavy IMO. The faster recovery speed of the nox has probably put it ahead of FBS in very trashy sites. I still will always have FBS in my arsenal. They just absolutely rock with deep high conductors. I might pick up another nox for the ocean, though I only go to the ocean maybe a dozen times a year. My explorer works just fine there, but I'm afraid it will get wet. Let us know what you decide, and good luck out there!

I think the Etrac rules for deep coins in a yard or park setting without a lot of trash. I will give you a example where the Etrac kinda whooped a Nox. About two weeks ago a buddy and I hit a hunted out park because we had no place else to hunt. I am using the Nox he is using the Etrac. He gets a good quarter signal he said, but had it dug before I got to swing over it. Silver Washington, swings over hole and says something else there. I swing over it and it's really jumpy but I am getting dime /penny numbers. Turns out it was a Merc. I walk off and start swinging again and he is waving me back over to him saying I'm not done. He cuts a plug bigger and bam another Merc. Three silvers in practically the same hole. I'm disgusted with myself, but happy for him. Spot he found the silver was kind of close to some pavilions that I normally shy away from because of the high concentration of trash targets around them, but it's not like I have not swung in that area before. He is really good with the Etrac. He has been on fire this year and has out hunted me on most hunts so far this year. He is already over 30 silvers for the year. Oh he also got a really nice emerald green early 1900's IHP the same hunt. All I got was clad. I have an Etrac but usually just use it in yards.

That being said I have pulled several silver dimes he has actually swung over before digging to compare signals with the Etrac and told me he would not dig them and they were moderately deep silver dimes. So go figure!

You also need to take into account, the type of sites your hunting. If your going to buy an equinox 800 to try and find deep turf coins your etrac missed, your probably going to have a tough time, unless the trash is heavy IMO. The faster recovery speed of the nox has probably put it ahead of FBS in very trashy sites. I still will always have FBS in my arsenal. They just absolutely rock with deep high conductors. I might pick up another nox for the ocean, though I only go to the ocean maybe a dozen times a year. My explorer works just fine there, but I'm afraid it will get wet. Let us know what you decide, and good luck out there!

Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I just received my Nox 800 yesterday. My plan was to keep both or at least use both for a while then make up my mind which machine (eTrac or 800) I was going to keep. Let's just say my wife had other ideas. She has dug in her heals in light of all of the craziness around us (her employer had to close for now). Looks like I'll be needing to sell one of my machines pretty quickly. My plan is to try to get out with the nox800 over the next couple days and hit a couple familiar spots I've frequented with the eTrac. Once again, thanks everyone for your input. It was very helpful. I'll let you know which one I decide to sell.

-Jim

If I hunted yards only I would be totally happy with just an Etrac. The I.D. on the Etrac rules for cherry picking coins out of yards. The problem is I hunt all kinds of sites, and in my opinion the Nox 800 is the best all around machine. As it stands right now If I was forced to sell detectors I would sell all but the Nox.

Back
Top Bottom