100 Silver Coins FTY. 200 Silver Coins Lifetime. A Pictorial.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I made it! 100 Silver coins for the year. I dug a silver Rosie this afternoon to get me to 100. I had finished last year with 100 lifetime silver coins that took me 17 months. The next 100 came in 10 months. 200 silver coins in 27 months. Please enjoy my dug silvers in their glory! The only coin not in the picture is a Walker Half that I had made into a ring. I'm so glad I picked up this hobby and stumbled across this awesome forum. I enjoy the exercise, excitement of the hunt, and the friendships I have made here. I hope there are many more fun hunts ahead for all of us.

I bought a cigar box to keep my precious metals finds. It's a big box. I hope to fill it over the years. 200 silver coins is a very modest amount to some of the forum members. That's what is so great about this forum. Experienced hunters willing to give us new guys advice and encouragement.

Heres the breakdown:

1 Mexican Reale
1 Australian 3 Pence
1 Seated Half Dime
1 Seated Liberty Dime
1 Standing Liberty Quarter
2 Walker Halves
2 Barber Halves
3 Franklin Halves
4 Barber Quarters
14 Barber Dimes
15 War Nickels
20 Silver GWs
67 Merc Dimes
68 Silver Rosie's

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20191006_130614-800x791.jpg
    20191006_130614-800x791.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 659
  • 20191006_130934-600x800.jpg
    20191006_130934-600x800.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
Congratulations on reaching your goal! You've made some fantastic coin finds. :D

Holy cow, thats a lot of silver! Way to go.

I like the humidor treasure chest idea, too! I gave up cigars a while ago so now i know what to do with mine.

Congratulations! You made it with time to spare, and even with the heavy work load. I didn't know there was that much silver on the entire Wasatch Front! Your knowledge, skills and stamina are outstanding. Keep up the great work.
Happy Hunting
J

Holy cow, thats a lot of silver! Way to go.

I like the humidor treasure chest idea, too! I gave up cigars a while ago so now i know what to do with mine.

Thanks! I found that humidor at a thrift store for 8 bucks or so. Wasn't sure what it was, but looked like a good treasure chest. My friend said it was a "cigar box".

Congratulations! You made it with time to spare, and even with the heavy work load. I didn't know there was that much silver on the entire Wasatch Front! Your knowledge, skills and stamina are outstanding. Keep up the great work.
Happy Hunting
J

I appreciate that! Most are Mercs and Rosies, but they count. I was really excited about the few oldies in there. I'm confident there are many more thousands of silver coins on the Wasatch front. We've got to keep our eyes on the tearouts. I'm sure lots have been paved over. Happy hunting to you too.

Wow, great totals, quality coins, love that "treasure chest" setting for you finds! Congrats on the 100 for the year, and more time left too!

Congrats on hitting your century mark goal early!! And 200 total in a little over 2 years! That’s a fantastic milestone in my book... I’m sitting at 51 silver coins in a little over 2 years, so you’ve got me 4 to 1!

Great hunting, SW!

Congrats on hitting your century mark goal early!! And 200 total in a little over 2 years! That’s a fantastic milestone in my book... I’m sitting at 51 silver coins in a little over 2 years, so you’ve got me 4 to 1!

Great hunting, SW!

Thanks AT! I do realize the landscape of our areas of the country are much different. Your 51 silvers represent much older (and cooler) history. I've spent a lot of time in 1940s neighborhoods and parks that don't have the history that you have in your area. A lot more than half of my silver finds are newer Rosies and Mercury dimes, so my silver count is inflated by newer silvers. I was going for numbers this year. I think I will try to find historic areas with a better chance at older coins next year. I've learned a lot from your posts. I appreciate the kind words!

Always impressive to see all that history laid out on a table for all its glory!

Quite a milestone you have yourself "paused" at! 200 coins in 27 months is pretty fantastic!

BIG congrats to you!

That is definitely something to be proud of. I love seeing all the half dollar coins. I have only ever found one 3 years ago,and it was a walking liberty. Keep it up Happy Hunting!

Very cool design you made with all the coins,are you in law enforcement? Looks like a badge.lol...Big Congrats on all those cool finds,I’m sure you’ll be buying a 2nd box to fill up in no time..

Back
Top Bottom