Server Problems? Can't Access the Forum Using Mobile Devices

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
I suddenly can't connect to the forum using any of my mobile devices: iPad using Safari or Chrome, my Android phone using Chrome, and my Samsung tablet using Chrome.

Each one returns an error to the effect of "This site can't provide a secure connection" and various error codes. Spent a little time trouble shooting my iPad before I realized it was across all my mobile devices. I was using both the iPad and phone with the site this morning just fine, so it was fairly sudden. Obviously, everything works just fine on my laptop using Firefox and Chrome, so the issue seems to just be a mobile device thing?

Since it's across all my mobile devices, I'm assuming it's server side? Anyone else having an issue?

I suddenly can't connect to the forum using any of my mobile devices: iPad using Safari or Chrome, my Android phone using Chrome, and my Samsung tablet using Chrome.

Each one returns an error to the effect of "This site can't provide a secure connection" and various error codes. Spent a little time trouble shooting my iPad before I realized it was across all my mobile devices. I was using both the iPad and phone with the site this morning just fine, so it was fairly sudden. Obviously, everything works just fine on my laptop using Firefox and Chrome, so the issue seems to just be a mobile device thing?

Since it's across all my mobile devices, I'm assuming it's server side? Anyone else having an issue?

I'm currently having no problems connecting to the site and reading your post on my mobile device. Are you still having issues?

I’m having problems too. It’s strange if I am on WiFi the site does not work but when I am on data it does?! iPhone user

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently having no problems connecting to the site and reading your post on my mobile device. Are you still having issues?

Yep, all mobile devices still can't connect. It must be something on my end. It's very strange though, because I didn't do anything different, and all mobile devices with all browsers stopped working, just with the Friendly site. It's especially strange on the tablet - it never gets used. I only fired it up to test the site.

I’m having problems too. It’s strange if I am on WiFi the site does not work but when I am on data it does?! iPhone user

Thanks for posting that ugadigger...I played with the connection on my Android phone, and got that working again. But it was the opposite for me - my phone was connected to my home wireless. I switched it back to data only, and it worked. It's still very odd though, because my laptop - which never stopped working - only uses the home network :?: :?:

My other mobile devices still don't connect to Friendly - they're are all WiFi only devices. I'm going to try resetting my network and see if that helps.

Edit: Misread your post a little at first - our problem was the same, not opposite. Wifi didn't work, data did work for my devices too - except my laptop worked on the Wifi signal for a little longer for some odd reason.

Last edited:
My other mobile devices still don't connect to Friendly - they're are all WiFi only devices. I'm going to try resetting my network and see if that helps.

Well, resetting the network didn't help. I'm at a loss :?: :?: Other secured sites aren't having an issue, just Friendly. Until I figure it out, my posting/reading will get seriously curtailed since my iPad is my primary forum device :(

Well, I guess I fiddled around or restarted the router too many times... now my laptop doesn't work either. Nor a brand new Amazon Fire tablet out of the box. I can only access the site using my phone using data. Clearly, my ISP is suddenly having a problem with the Friendly forum. I'm not sure how I'm going to get it fixed...if I call Spectrum/Time Warner, they're just going to blame the website :( :(

Went into my router and switched name servers from Spectrum/Time Warner's to Google's...didn't help. Fresh out of ideas, now. :?: I'm wondering whether I'll eventually lose access through Verizon's server?

Temporary solution for me: I'm just using my phone as a "hotspot" while posting/reading the forum at home for now. It's just easier for me to use a larger device like a laptop or tablet - the phone is just too darn small for comfortable reading/typing. I don't think the forum will burn through my data plan too quickly. I just have to remember to switch back to wifi for everything else!

Ok here but got a call from a administrator and some are having issues also.

Buddies of mine are having issues too

try

Start button
In the search box type CMD and hit enter
In the black box type Ping Metaldetectingforum.com and hit enter..
do you get a reply?

if not something is up with the DNS entry somewhere along the internet

I think I found the issue, since the server is under new ownership their billing got all screwy. I'm working with support to correct the issues. Please stand by....

A lot of us can’t get on forum I have been trying since yesterday carol and vlad are aware many members cannot get on I decided to try my phone and it worked

interesting thing is I can get on via WIFI from my laptop but can't on my phone wifi.. same router

BUT..

On the laptop I use VPN.. different secured.. probably uses different DNS although on same WIFI tunnel..

I think I found the issue, since the server is under new ownership their billing got all screwy. I'm working with support to correct the issues. Please stand by....

A lot of us can’t get on forum I have been trying since yesterday carol and vlad are aware many members cannot get on I decided to try my phone and it worked

Thanks for the info, guys! I'm just glad I'm not crazy...plus I learned a few new tricks about how my router and internet works, so it's all good! :grin:

Hopefully it all works out easily, Vlad - thanks for the effort :grin:

Update
There seem to be a problem with the domain name, it's paid for but the registrar disabled it for whatever reason. I'm waiting for them to reply.

You weren't crazy!! Sounds like they have figured out the problem. (Now I cant access the site with my mobile either.)

Update
There seem to be a problem with the domain name, it's paid for but the registrar disabled it for whatever reason. I'm waiting for them to reply.

Quite a few members still cannot get on the forum. Please send me a PM Vlad when this gets fixed. Thanks.....Curt

Back
Top Bottom