First Decent Find

Longshot

Went back again today (3rd day this week). I finally found my first decent piece of jewelry. A sterling silver earring.

It's been both fun and frustrating. I think I've spent 16 hours and just the earing and a few coins to show for it, but I cant stop. Very addicting!

I think I've wasted a lot of time digging targets that disappear on me after the hole is dug.. some in the ocean, others on wet sand. I need to better determine what targets to dig.. I often get very short bleeps and blips that show a decent number, then I dig a whole and I either cant find it in the hole (yet it's still beeping) no matter how deep I dig or I get nothing... and cant get it to beep again.

Again, I appreciate all the advice from everyone here. It's definitely been helping

Attachments

• EGHdcztr.jpg
    EGHdcztr.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 418
  • FW1ktd4r.jpg
    FW1ktd4r.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 390
That's a good start... when you're in the water with the nox only dig repeatable signals, and again if you're getting too much chatter go with a sensitivity around 17, also make sure to use auto ground balancing.

Right, thank you. I did use 17 when I was in the water and it made a ton of difference. I did lose another decent signal.. I think it was around 17. Kept digging but I was too slow and eventually lost it to the waves I suppose.

If you lose the signal, bump up the sensitivity or use pinpoint.
If you're digging blips, it could be iron falsing. Switch to all metal to find out.
Alot of quarters and dimes will disappear if they get sideways. Just keep hacking away!:laughing:

Nice! You're on the right track and time with your machine will mean you get better.

Bottle caps will fool you and as you try to scoop them out oftentimes they float out of the scoop.

Pull tabs will disappear in the surf once you set them free. On wet sand I sometimes have a target disappear and it reappears in the next scoop of sand out of the bottom of the hole.

I hate sun glasses and cell phones in the very wet sand as I find them hard to get in the scoop and the wet sand collapses back into the hole faster than I can dig.

Back
Top Bottom