What are some scoop set ups for the beach?

This is not Stavr scoop!

it is fake, one looks like a Krepish , the second looks like a 5Granik-2 both of 1.4 mm stainless

Ruslan.
I am sure your right. I got them both off of eBay. I needed something big for the surf. I am looking for a strictly dry sand scoop of a different design now.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I am sure your right. I got them both off of eBay. I needed something big for the surf. I am looking for a strictly dry sand scoop of a different design now.
Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
for dry sand scoop Evroexcavator-2 v.22 :yes:

I did a lot of research and even asked here in the other thread this week between the Stavr and Stealth. My conclusion is, you have to pay to play. No low cost greatness to be found. Also, buy once - cry once. I'm not interested in buying multiple scoops to eventually land on what I really wanted or needed. Been down that road in other hobbies. Way cheaper in the long run to get something good.

For $100...I don't think you'll find a whole lot of options unless you score a great deal on a used high end scoop. I've been advised to look at Ebay and Craigslist, but I have for a couple months now and I haven't seen a single used high end modern scoop being sold. People keep these. Good sign of satisfaction.

There are some scoops in the $70-$100 range, but these are 1.5mm, not 2mm steel.

Best deal going is the Stavr for around $137 + shipping on Ebay, then put a wood handle on it. Under $200, and it's one of the top scoops.

I went with the Extreme for the mounting option and carbon fiber handle. But if I had under $200 to work with total, Stavr is the only good option.

At $100....there will be compromises. In strength, in effectiveness and in weight. Most of these sub-$100 scoops have dated or inferior designs. They'll work, but no where near as well. There's videos on Youtube of sift comparisons. Huge difference. One thing I don't want to be doing is shaking a scoop full of sand more than I have to. It gets heavy and tires anyone out fast. The modern style large hex-hole scoops vacate sand very fast. The older style ones with round holes spaced far apart do not.

Sounds like a great deal.
Sometimes you need to make nice discounts for the participants of the friendly forum,
... the New Year and Christmas discounts are certainly more ... :)
ps: for the members who did not have time to save , I also published a discount code on my facebook

Ruslan Stavniychuk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom