Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-23-2021, 04:43 PM
jmaclen jmaclen is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,234
Default Video Legend and Equinox

As promised by Dilek, the NDAs have been lifted. There are more videos being uploaded also. Check Youtube.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVe7g-oqdmM

__________________
Minelab GPX 5000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, N/M Legend, XP Deus I, Deus ll , Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Tek-Point, XP Mi-6


Last edited by jmaclen; 12-23-2021 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 12-23-2021, 05:25 PM
oldkoot oldkoot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Eastern Arizona now
Posts: 258
Default

pretty interesting the legend and the Nox seem real similar to each other to me
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 12-23-2021, 05:30 PM
JimR_TN's Avatar
JimR_TN JimR_TN is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 737
Default

Looks good, thanks for sharing!

__________________
Minelab Equinox 600 - Oldest coin: 1838 Seated Liberty half dime
Fisher F75 SE
Fisher F-Pulse

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 12-23-2021, 05:36 PM
jmaclen jmaclen is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by oldkoot View post
pretty interesting the legend and the Nox seem real similar to each other to me
Both detectors performed very well in that moderately mineralized New England dirt on deep targets.

They are very similar except for two things which are important to water hunters.
We know that the Equinox control pods have leaked and that 11" coil ears have broken when the coil was submerged, hit by waves or loaded with sand or mud.

Having used many Nokta Makro detectors, those Equinox problems will not be repeated on the Legend. Nokta Makro makes very sturdy detectors for the most part.

Also, the Legend and many of Nokta Makro's waterproof detectors have the handle vibration feature which lets the user know a target has been detected and to look at the screen. It works very well especially underwater and means that a water hunter doesn't have to always use waterproof headphones or try to hear the onboard speaker........the Equinox does not have that feature.

__________________
Minelab GPX 5000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, N/M Legend, XP Deus I, Deus ll , Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Tek-Point, XP Mi-6

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #5  
Old 12-23-2021, 05:55 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 11,015
Default

Another Legend and Equinox comparison video. Nail board tests.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vun0wye3hI

__________________
Deus 2 , Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus 1, Tarsacci MDT 8000
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, White's TRX, Makro, Xp MI-6 pinpointer, remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #6  
Old 12-23-2021, 05:58 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 11,015
Default

Nokta Makro Legend detector video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ThAtsRiZE

__________________
Deus 2 , Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus 1, Tarsacci MDT 8000
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, White's TRX, Makro, Xp MI-6 pinpointer, remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #7  
Old 12-23-2021, 08:40 PM
oldkoot oldkoot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Eastern Arizona now
Posts: 258
Default

i have watched all the videos that is up so far and I will say I am pretty happy with what i am seeing so far vary similar machines from what I can tell although the testers are not saying or showing the bad so far so i guess it will be up to us that have pre ordered to give our thoughts once we have had a chance to give one a go

cant wait to get it delivered
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 12-23-2021, 08:47 PM
oldkoot oldkoot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: North Eastern Arizona now
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
Both detectors performed very well in that moderately mineralized New England dirt on deep targets.

They are very similar except for two things which are important to water hunters.
We know that the Equinox control pods have leaked and that 11" coil ears have broken when the coil was submerged, hit by waves or loaded with sand or mud.

Having used many Nokta Makro detectors, those Equinox problems will not be repeated on the Legend. Nokta Makro makes very sturdy detectors for the most part.

Also, the Legend and many of Nokta Makro's waterproof detectors have the handle vibration feature which lets the user know a target has been detected and to look at the screen. It works very well especially underwater and means that a water hunter doesn't have to always use waterproof headphones or try to hear the onboard speaker........the Equinox does not have that feature.
The water test would have been the first test I would have done if i had of been one of the testers what would it take to jump into a pool with one just to see if it drowned LOL
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:15 PM
markinswpa's Avatar
markinswpa markinswpa is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pittsburgh Pa.
Posts: 5,053
Default

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Nokta Makro Legend detector video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ThAtsRiZE
Thanks Dave. Happy Holidays. Mark

__________________
Equinox 800
2022 -Silver 38-IHPs 13 -Wheaties 61 -Tokens 13
-Buffs 12 - Vs 4- Sterling 2 - Gold 0 - Clad-32.69

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:16 PM
woodbutcher's Avatar
woodbutcher woodbutcher is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,227
Default

The visual ID looks compressed, those high conductors are hitting in the 50s. .. Iím assuming it donít have 100 points of visual ID?
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:18 PM
jmaclen jmaclen is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
The visual ID looks compressed, those high conductors are hitting in the 50s. .. Iím assuming it donít have 100 points of visual ID?
0 to 60 target ID range.

__________________
Minelab GPX 5000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, N/M Legend, XP Deus I, Deus ll , Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Tek-Point, XP Mi-6

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:22 PM
woodbutcher's Avatar
woodbutcher woodbutcher is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,227
Default

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
0 to 60 target ID range.
Thanks! I like the machine,what I see of it. Tones are informative,and I agree with you on the build of Makro,,everything from the red racer up has been quality built..Iím wondering how the ergo is? Iím not a big fan of the pistol grip, I prefer a S rod,but I can get along with a straight rod if the machine is good.. looks pretty darn good so far,time will tell...Thanks for posting the video
Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:25 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 11,015
Default

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
0 to 60 target ID range.
Some of the 60 used for ferrous range. Think itís 10.

__________________
Deus 2 , Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus 1, Tarsacci MDT 8000
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, White's TRX, Makro, Xp MI-6 pinpointer, remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:26 PM
tnsharpshooter tnsharpshooter is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 11,015
Default

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
Thanks Dave. Happy Holidays. Mark
You have a wonderful Christmas and New Years Mark.

__________________
Deus 2 , Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Xp Deus 1, Tarsacci MDT 8000
Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, White's TRX, Makro, Xp MI-6 pinpointer, remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

USAF veteran with over 22 years active service

Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:29 PM
markinswpa's Avatar
markinswpa markinswpa is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pittsburgh Pa.
Posts: 5,053
Default

Originally Posted by woodbutcher View post
Thanks! I like the machine,what I see of it. Tones are informative,and I agree with you on the build of Makro,,everything from the red racer up has been quality built..Iím wondering how the ergo is? Iím not a big fan of the pistol grip, I prefer a S rod,but I can get along with a straight rod if the machine is good.. looks pretty darn good so far,time will tell...Thanks for posting the video
Pete I agree, I like what I see so far. And maybe not the spread of 0 to 99 its still a little wider than the Equinox. Tones are nice. I just may lay some ducketts down. Merry Christmas my friend. Mark

__________________
Equinox 800
2022 -Silver 38-IHPs 13 -Wheaties 61 -Tokens 13
-Buffs 12 - Vs 4- Sterling 2 - Gold 0 - Clad-32.69


Last edited by markinswpa; 12-23-2021 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 12-23-2021, 10:39 PM
woodbutcher's Avatar
woodbutcher woodbutcher is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,227
Default

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
Pete I agree, I like what I see so far. And maybe not the spread of 0 to 99 its still a little wider than the Equinox. Tones are nice. I just may lay some ducketts down. Merry Christmas my friend. Mark
Merry Christmas to you too Mark. I'm gonna keep a real close eye on this machine,looks promising
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 12-24-2021, 08:04 AM
ghound's Avatar
ghound ghound is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,051
Default

All high conductors in the test bed, the Legend has sens maxed out and to my ears the tones sounded a bit broken over the targets vs the Nox which sounded much more sweet and assured on the target even running below max sens.
It's early days, but in that video there's nothing jumping out at me.
From the videos available D2 is making the rest look ordinary!
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 12-24-2021, 09:27 AM
jmaclen jmaclen is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by ghound View post
All high conductors in the test bed, the Legend has sens maxed out and to my ears the tones sounded a bit broken over the targets vs the Nox which sounded much more sweet and assured on the target even running below max sens.
It's early days, but in that video there's nothing jumping out at me.
From the videos available D2 is making the rest look ordinary!
Wrong.......

The 8" deep US Liberty Head V Nickel is a 5 gram coin with 75% copper and 25% nickel (if you could see the screen) that was correctly identified at 12/13 with accompanying medium low tone by the Equinox making it a low to mid conductor. The Legend also correctly identified it with its 21/22 target ID......0 to 60 target ID scale with the correct medium low tone.

That one test was very telling. Iffy Signal's ground is moderately mineralized. He has tested the Simplex and Deus 1 on the same test bed and V nickel target. Both detectors severely up averaged that target into the silver range or gave no target ID.
Up until now, the only detectors that could correctly ID the V nickel in his testing were the Equinox and Vanquish. Add the Legend to the list.

Both detectors were using default audio settings which created medium high/high tone break straddling for some of the high conductor targets and what might sound like tones breaking up, being split or which seemed indecisive.

The Legend identified all of those targets correctly as did the Equinox. The Legend being able to be maxed out sensitivity wise and not suffering from EMI interference in the meantime was impressive. I can rarely run my two Equinoxes at max sensitivity since EMI will be overwhelming.

I have yet to see a video showing the Deus 2 operating in moderate to high mineralization on low to mid conductor non-ferrous targets. There was one attempt on a high conductive target but the video maker later said he had not ground balanced his Deus 2 or checked the dirt for its actual mineralization level and admitted that setting up detectors (Deus 2 and Equinox 800) for hot dirt operation was something he had never done since he always hunts in mild soil conditions. Whether the Deus 2 was actually detecting the high conductive target or just reacting to the hot ground with out of ground balance audio reponses has not been answered yet.

Merry Christmas and hopefully Happy Holidays to all on this forum.

__________________
Minelab GPX 5000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, N/M Legend, XP Deus I, Deus ll , Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Tek-Point, XP Mi-6


Last edited by jmaclen; 12-24-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 12-24-2021, 12:01 PM
ghound's Avatar
ghound ghound is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,051
Default

Sorry, i stand corrected, one mid conductor coin 👍
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #20  
Old 12-24-2021, 01:14 PM
woodbutcher's Avatar
woodbutcher woodbutcher is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,227
Default

I think it's great these companies are coming out with new stuff, and although I might have been critical of the equinox at first I've grown to like the machine now.. I have a open mind on all new releases, and time will tell how they work for everyone who buys them
Reply With Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.