• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Does everyone detecting the beach use a NOX 800 now?

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
My God, I watch a lot of Youtube videos of beach detecting or entertainment and all I see now are Equinox 800s. Have they become the king of the beach now?

My God, I watch a lot of Youtube videos of beach detecting or entertainment and all I see now are Equinox 800s. Have they become the king of the beach now?

I don't where you have been? Yes, for three years the Equinox has dominated. :cool3:

Equinox has definitely set the bar for performance,dirt or beach..I'm not a beach hunter but I see the same thing you do on YouTube..Great machine, ID is not so good tho ,,tone is what I use mostly

I don't where you have been? Yes, for three years the Equinox has dominated. :cool3:

LOL. Well I just never paid much attention to what detectors people were using until the other day. Then I realized I saw nothing but Equinoxs being used.

I've been detecting for many years and have never seen a detector dominate like the Equinox. I thought the E-Trac was bad. Minelab has made a fortune off the Equinox, that much I can see.

Equinox has definitely set the bar for performance,dirt or beach..I'm not a beach hunter but I see the same thing you do on YouTube..Great machine, ID is not so good tho ,,tone is what I use mostly

In the dirt, it doesn't seem so bad, I still see many different models and the new Legend is starting to pop up a lot more. But I realized I haven't seen anything but the Equinox on the beach for a long time.

Correction, I do remember seeing a D2 or 2 out of like 50 videos. On land, it seems to be a much closer ratio of D2 to NOX 800.

I use an AT Pro in the water and Ace 400 [or Legend] in the sand, so no, not everyone uses an equinox.
The more videos you watch, the less time spent detecting, or other productive pursuits.
I have all but given up watching any detecting videos, don't think its like I can actually learn something I don't know watching them. Yeah, can be nice to see what others are finding but most of these people are driven by clicks, and it shows in their videos. When they start begging you to like, subscribe and thumbs up, I turn away quick.
Not only that but all these guys with titles like "WOW ! OMG !! Found 4 gold rings today at the beach !! Still in shock !" are just increasing competition for themselves and everyone else [and are probably prone to planting rings], and I am done being an accomplice to that.

I use an AT Pro in the water and Ace 400 [or Legend] in the sand, so no, not everyone uses an equinox.
The more videos you watch, the less time spent detecting, or other productive pursuits.
I have all but given up watching any detecting videos, don't think its like I can actually learn something I don't know watching them. Yeah, can be nice to see what others are finding but most of these people are driven by clicks, and it shows in their videos. When they start begging you to like, subscribe and thumbs up, I turn away quick.
Not only that but all these guys with titles like "WOW ! OMG !! Found 4 gold rings today at the beach !! Still in shock !" are just increasing competition for themselves and everyone else [and are probably prone to planting rings], and I am done being an accomplice to that.

Believe me, I'd be out hunting if I could. Today it rained most of the day and even though I use a waterproof Simplex+, I have COPD a medical issue that doesn't play well with high humidity. In fact, it doesn't play well with most outdoor conditions.

Wish I still had my AT Pro. Love my Simplex+ but I liked the AT Pro much better.

Believe me, I'd be out hunting if I could. Today it rained most of the day and even though I use a waterproof Simplex+, I have COPD a medical issue that doesn't play well with high humidity. In fact, it doesn't play well with most outdoor conditions.

Wish I still had my AT Pro. Love my Simplex+ but I liked the AT Pro much better.

I hear ya, I'm pushing 60 and still healthy as a horse but I know others are not so lucky, so in that case watching vids makes sense as a way to sorta stay in it without the legwork. Had a Simplex and really liked it, thats why I upgraded to the Legend and sold the Simplex. Thinking about keeping it but with a built in battery, was worried it might go bad not in use.
Never had anything in the water but the AT, is a ring magnet for me and can't imagine doing much better [I only wade up to the chest, and no salt water to contend with for me] Legend could be a water backup if the AT ever fails but other than that, see no reason at all to dunk it.

In the dirt, it doesn't seem so bad, I still see many different models and the new Legend is starting to pop up a lot more..

I have a legend and a nox. And the legend wasn't given a fair shake from the start. My opinion, but none of what I've seen in controlled tests applies to the legend in real world hunting,that thing is a beast. I've paid close attention to my plugs and noticed most coins I'm finding are on edge,lots on edge..If I'm right there's probably a lot of coins on edge that other machines are mediocre on but the legend slams,,if true that's probably a good percentage of coins left in the ground

Several years the CZ21 and Excaliburs were the Kings, but than I started my mission of recommending the Nox. "Buy those Noxs" and it looks like it has finally worked. :shock:

Several years the CZ21 and Excaliburs were the Kings, but than I started my mission of recommending the Nox. "Buy those Noxs" and it looks like it has finally worked. :shock:

You are not a very good liar :laughing: We both know what the Excal can do :yes:

It's a high ratio of Equinox usually. But yesterday i saw Minelab Vanquish, CTX, Excalibur and Deus ll. It's also the most detectorists i ever saw at one time. It was almost as bad as Steve deals with in Asia. Had two guys drop down in my grid in front of me 5 feet and start digging and ask if i found anything. Detecting ethics went in the toilet years ago though.

It's a high ratio of Equinox usually. But yesterday i saw Minelab Vanquish, CTX, Excalibur and Deus ll. It's also the most detectorists i ever saw at one time. It was almost as bad as Steve deals with in Asia. Had two guys drop down in my grid in front of me 5 feet and start digging and ask if i found anything. Detecting ethics went in the toilet years ago though.

I would imagine you beach hunters are seeing a huge upswing in hunters. My lifetime dream was to hunt a beach.

You guys just posted too many good finds LOL

I've been surprised that after 50 years I still have only seen 1 person detecting I didn't know. As well known a historical location I would have expected more. Myself & a hunting buddy are the only 2 I know of. I think there are more, but they hunt ghost towns and sites out of town.

I would imagine you beach hunters are seeing a huge upswing in hunters. My lifetime dream was to hunt a beach.

You guys just posted too many good finds LOL

Exactly what it is, though not forums of course but rather youtube.

Same thing happened with dumpster diving, I used to routinely find unbelievable stuff thrown out at various locations, once these clickhounds started posting their adventures the competition increased drastically, everyone plus their grandmothers were doing it, stores of course got wise and started locking their dumpsters and timing their throwouts just before the garbage truck came ,, That combined with pandemic related store closures makes it rare to find anything of value, and all because of these vain idiots who have to share everything they do like little girls.

In the dirt, it doesn't seem so bad, I still see many different models and the new Legend is starting to pop up a lot more. But I realized I haven't seen anything but the Equinox on the beach for a long time.

Correction, I do remember seeing a D2 or 2 out of like 50 videos. On land, it seems to be a much closer ratio of D2 to NOX 800.

I see plenty of equinox's on the beaches. I used one for a while also. I now have the D2 since it's more waterproof and as deep or deeper. I have a Manticore on order though because I did love my equinox but hated the grip angle. The new manticore has a better grip angle and should feel more comfortable swinging. Love the look of the screen also. The equinox changed detecting for many.

I see plenty of equinox's on the beaches. I used one for a while also. I now have the D2 since it's more waterproof and as deep or deeper. I have a Manticore on order though because I did love my equinox but hated the grip angle. The new manticore has a better grip angle and should feel more comfortable swinging. Love the look of the screen also. The equinox changed detecting for many.

Yep the grip handle on Nox is not nice, it also seems a little nose heavy.

Back
Top Bottom