2 Morgans Highlight a 9 Silver Hunt.

This thread isnt that old especially if ya look at your date of birth:laughing: Wow Wow and Wow. No wonder no one can find many silvers anymore you got em all:laughing: Congratulations there OLD buddy! Im just lucky i got 12 plus years on ya digging the green nuggets or you would of had most of them to:laughing: I bet your loosing your mind not being able to get up here yet!

Holy Ravioli !!! That was some incredible hunt .Belated Super Congrats !

The thread was cool to see . A lot of folks who you don't see posting anymore and some interesting avatars .Time marches on .

The photo of those coins just takes one's breath away .
I so appreciate your reply Doc. thank you. While this did take place a while back it was a significant part of my development in this hobby. It was at a time my eyes were really opened to door knocking. The Dime trifecta was so overlooked because of the two Morgans but then again it was two Morgans. This hunt will always be held in a special place for me. Hope it still is impressive to all the new detectionist in our hobby.
Amazing hunt, i am always surprised when people post morgans. Those are so big I figured the folks would hear that thing hit the ground when they lost them!
First Zee thank you for your reply. I hold the opinion that these two big coins were lost at the same time in a rush movement. The site was a place that picnics took place often. Under a huge Oak that provided shade along with cover and at the edge of large play area (ball yard) of a social gathering site. I think this happening took place a bit after dark in a little panic as a young gent grabbed his britches losing the contents of the pockets at the time. My evidence for this is the land owner dug a 3 merry widows tin at the base of that Oak. So that's my story when I'm asked how they got there.:yes: Trapper

You had to be increasing your excitement everytime you got a signal and pulled out a coin. That's an incredible adventure.

This thread isnt that old especially if ya look at your date of birth:laughing: Wow Wow and Wow. No wonder no one can find many silvers anymore you got em all:laughing: Congratulations there OLD buddy! Im just lucky i got 12 plus years on ya digging the green nuggets or you would of had most of them to:laughing: I bet your loosing your mind not being able to get up here yet!

You know buddy there is a benefit to being old, not to sure on what it is though. I have been blessed over the years with some pretty fantastic recoveries along with experiencing some great friendships in this hobby, but by no means have I got it all. I think I still have a few adventures left in me, just wish I could afford the price of fuel to do some of them. Your right about losing my mind as I am looking forward to seeing you all soon again. Trapper

Coil to the ground things will be found that had to have been super fun. Good stuff there.

Thank you for your reply Coast.This hunt will live with me forever and I can not express the feelings of pure awe that occurred that day. I do know that it was special and doubt it will ever be repeated again for me. Trapper

If someone can top this find and bump this thread down a bit ill send ya a nice copper specimen. That might actually get trap out of the garden and finding more silver! :laughing::laughing:

In my five years of Metal Detecting I have had a few very nice hunts with some pretty neat finds. Today's hunt in my mind is the best of all. I have been waiting to hunt the grounds of this site since I first got permission back in February. This site is the Church/School that was purchased in 1959 by the father of the current owner. It was first built in 1851 as a Church and then also used as a school from the 1860's until 1949. A new Church was built in 1950 and this then became the town hall until the sale. What was the play yard, Sunday social and community gathering location was converted to a farm field and maintained that way til present. The man that farms this site hunted again with me using my AT Pro as he did when we hunted around the building. He had harvested, plowed and raked the field along with cutting brush from the adjoining woods that abut the field. Well between the 2 of us we pulled 11 Silver coins, 3 Indians, a V Nickel (His not mine) and a pile of Wheat's. My coins include a Silver Dime Trifecta with 1907 and 08 Barber's. 3 Merc's and a Rosie. A 1929 SLQ and 2 Morgan Silver Dollars. These two coins were only about 4 inches deep and about 8 inches apart next to the biggest tree on the fields edge. the Morgan's are a 1884O and a 1902. I scratched the 1884 slightly. I did also pull a Penny trifecta with the newest coin dug being a 1959 Memorial. The Indians are 1902 and 1904. I have not dated any of the Wheat's. Besides the 1906 V, my hunting companion dug a 1911 Barber Dime and a 1930 SLQ. His Indian was 1887. My 9 Silvers now have me at 158 FTY. I hope you all agree with me as this being a qualified eye popper mind blowing find. Jack

KT is speechless! :shock::shock: Holy Wowzer!

That is the kind of day that dreams are made of. For some, it would be a once in a lifetime hunt. Hope this is just the beginning for you. Sure it will be a while before you beat that one. Congratulations !!!

You had to be increasing your excitement everytime you got a signal and pulled out a coin. That's an incredible adventure.
Thank you Flood for your reply. This outing was one of the most exciting of my metal detecting history. Every time I see this thread I still get goose bumps and am filled with awe as to my finds of that day. I am very proud that this thread is still prevalent and can be shared to this day for all the new people in this hobby. I have had some really good days out in the fields but none that top this.
Great hunt, hard to beat that , no joke , congrats Earl
Your kind words are truly appreciated Earl, thank you. Your right that it would be hard to beat. I know I have never topped it. In reflection of my detecting history I have had some pretty great outings and also some not so great ones mixed in. I have been blessed with some great finds and my share of pull tabs and can slaw. Best parts are some great friends to share a lot of the experiences with along the way. Trapper

Don’t know how I missed this earlier…absolutely amazing hunt! A Morgan spill, insane! Congrats on the eye popping finds.

I can only dream!
Thanks for showing us.

Have to admit this outing was a dream hunt, even still today for me. It was a experience that I hold dearly among some pretty great adventures over the years. I'd love to be able to go back to that site again as I'm sure there is more there to be found. Trapper

Wow! Yeah, thats an eye popper for sure! You could part those out for a years worth of finds and still be happy. The only Morgan I have found is an 1884O as well.

That is the kind of day that dreams are made of. For some, it would be a once in a lifetime hunt. Hope this is just the beginning for you. Sure it will be a while before you beat that one. Congratulations !!!
Very kind words Rich, thank you. This hunt is still a dream outing for me. While I have had some pretty great hunts over the years, this one by far has been the one that truly stands on its own. I still get pretty giddy when looking at this thread and also when I look at those two gorgeous girls. Trapper

Don’t know how I missed this earlier…absolutely amazing hunt! A Morgan spill, insane! Congrats on the eye popping finds.

You may have missed this back then Jerry but I appreciated that you took notice and replied. Yet to this date I have never had a day that I consider one that will top this one outing. I wish that I still had the opportunity to further hunt that property as I know that there is still much more in the ground. I even stopped and asked again for permission but received a negative reply. So this will continue to be my best eye popping hunt. Trapper

Wow! Yeah, thats an eye popper for sure! You could part those out for a years worth of finds and still be happy. The only Morgan I have found is an 1884O as well.
Thank you for your comments as they are greatly appreciated. I have had some great outings over the years in this hobby but none have yet match that day. Since then thou I have added a third Morgan to the coffers along with a Peace Dollar. There is nothing that sounds better than getting your coil over coins like these. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom