Fresh water digs.

Dan(NM)

Elite Member
It's been a couple of weeks since I got out to hunt. Had to get some things done around the house. I went out on Monday to one of my swimming areas and spent about 6.5 hours on a very productive hunt. I tried an area there I had not hunted before and ended up with 6 rings :). 4 of them are silver and 2 junkers. Dug a lot of holes to make that happen. Gonna hit that spot again because of the excessive amount of trash, I'm sure I left some keepers. We are in drought conditions here Texas. If you look closely, you can see a blue car at the top of the pic. That's where the water level was 1 year ago. Nothing deep, just digging in dry sand, gravel and rocks. After hunting around here on and off for 3 years, I've never seen anyone else swinging a detector.

After several attempts, I cannot get my pics straightened out ;(

Attachments

• Lago2.jpg
    Lago2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 350
  • Lago1.jpg
    Lago1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 352
  • lago3.jpg
    lago3.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_20220801_084213182_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20220801_084213182_HDR~2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
I'd say the rubbish is detering others from detecting there. Looking at the type of rubbish you've got it looks like a boating/fishing area with a little swimming, maybe look up some photo's of where people used to swim?
All those rocks won't entice people to swim there but it might have had more sand in the past and the rocks trap the rings

Congrats!! Obviously a great spot that you have. So many good targets (amongst the trash) indicate that not many detectors frequent that location. Hit that area as hard as you can for the gold that has to be there. :yes:

I'd say the rubbish is detering others from detecting there. Looking at the type of rubbish you've got it looks like a boating/fishing area with a little swimming, maybe look up some photo's of where people used to swim?
All those rocks won't entice people to swim there but it might have had more sand in the past and the rocks trap the rings

During the summer and when the water is at its normal level, you can't hardly find a place to park because of the swimmers. Spring and fall fishers come out and do their thing. The higher you go the more sand and the conditions for swimming are a lot more pleasant.

Congrats!! Obviously a great spot that you have. So many good targets (amongst the trash) indicate that not many detectors frequent that location. Hit that area as hard as you can for the gold that has to be there. :yes:

Thanks. I've talked to the park rangers, they have never seen anybody else in there with a detector ;)

During the summer and when the water is at its normal level, you can't hardly find a place to park because of the swimmers. Spring and fall fishers come out and do their thing. The higher you go the more sand and the conditions for swimming are a lot more pleasant.

Interesting, are you passing on the high tones? I'd expect way more coins, vaps and junkers.

Back
Top Bottom