Gold Today! Portugal Tomorrow!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I was able to get ahead on a most things that I needed to get done before my trip. My backpack is basically locked and loaded for my flight tonight so I’m good. I noticed I had an early low tide, so I went off for a hunt at South Beach this morning. First target less than 5 minutes into the hunt and I see what I was sure was a white gold ring! :clapping: I saw a marking and everything! I could swear I was able to discern “14K” or “18K”. :yes: The rest of the hunt with NuBlu was OK. Not too many targets. One of those at about the 1.5 hour mark was like a foil sound. I look in the scoop and see a “nugget style” gold ring. It looked cheap and thin and was light. :roll: I was pretty sure it was junk. :yes: No matter, I had already found gold on my 1st target! I decided to end my hunt at just under 4 hours. I wanted to be able to recover a bit before the flight tonight.

REVERSAL OF FORTUNE:
When I get back to my car, I get my jeweler’s loupe and check the small white gold ring. It was marked “925” and “CN” (China). I could not believe it. :( I then check the thin gold “nugget style” ring with the loupe. I could make out a “0” and a “K” right next to it! :dingding: 10K my fellow pirates!!! I then thought about the times that I have found gold grillz and this ring was very similar with a thin & fake feel and tinny sound. I was very happy to end my last hunt before leave on a yellow. :good:

Attachments

• 6-21-22.jpg
    6-21-22.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 6-21-22 Rings.jpg
    6-21-22 Rings.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 6-21-22 Fits.jpg
    6-21-22 Fits.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 409
  • 6-21-22 Bag.jpg
    6-21-22 Bag.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 403
Nice Felix on the ring... what is nicer was you letting the wife and I stay at the waterfront cottage you own... I promise I will keep the beach you pulled the 5 gold from a couple months ago tidy for you... when you get back look in fridge will be a surprise for you...

You be trippin ! How much does that giant pack weight ?

Grats on the finds and Bon Voyage.I keep getting the feeling that one of these days one of your "and it fits " rings is going to require some tools for removal. Dang, I get a backache
just looking at that backpack !

Have fun Felix. And remember to post some pictures. Are you going with your daughter again, or are you going solo?

You be trippin ! How much does that giant pack weight ?
I was under 13lbs yesterday. I may have a couple of extra things but I will be under 15. Lightest for me on any of these trips so far. I got that backpack in 2019 when I was originally doing this as it was 1.5 lbs. lighter than the external frame one that I had used the 3 previous Caminos. I don't carry a tent, or some other campong gear as I will be staying at hostels/albergues.

So, what could you hock that thing for, what's the value of the gold alone in it?
3.1 grams of 10K at today's spot price is a whopping$76.03! :lol: Looks more impressive than it actually is.
And what is RINGKEEPERS? I googled it, can't find anything on it.
Ringkeepers is a secret organization that is the antithesis of "Ringfinders". Its members are extremely secretive. Don't google it too much as the FBI may put you on some type of list. :laughing:

Great News

( Solo and will do! ) WE all expect to see some eye candy , since you left your wife behind :shock::lol: Were your snake boots , have fun :thumbsup: PS Craig leave him some scrap :lol:

( Solo and will do! ) WE all expect to see some eye candy , since you left your wife behind :shock::lol: Were your snake boots , have fun :thumbsup: PS Craig leave him some scrap :lol:

He is going to post some pictures of heffers, sows, and sheep... :yes:

That's a beautiful gold nugget ring!

You can't go any where, I'm still unable to read all of your post, think I got into maybe 12 words than I stopped,..... and looked for the gold. Guess its up to Craig to help me..:ehh:

And what is RINGKEEPERS? I googled it, can't find anything on it.
Every gold they find is theirs, even if it belonged to the Pope.. the Hot chick with the great tan or the little old lady who is diggin in the sand looking for her 90 year old husbands wedding band..... They have no Mercy...:pirate:

Attachments

• ANOTHER ONE FOR .jpg
    ANOTHER ONE FOR .jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 358
Every gold they find is theirs, even if it belonged to the Pope.. the Hot chick with the great tan or the little old lady who is diggin in the sand looking for her 90 year old husbands wedding band..... They have no Mercy...:pirate:

Ought to have 2 scoops as the crossbones

OMG too funny... :yes:

DPG..dead people’s gold..only way to go

Nice rings...Have a nice trip

Kind of Jealous, I've been trying to plan a trip to Portugal for a while but work and injuries keep getting in the way.
Are you bringing your machine? Good luck and Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom