XP-ORX Detectors...???

Pete E.

Any reason to worry about when I do a "search" for the XP ORX metal detectors in the various equipment sub-forums and get no results back for my searches ?

I love mine

I guess we are to busy hunting and not sitting around writing about how great our detectors are.

Hey Pete E,I am no expert with the ORX , going on about 1 year experience with it. 26 + years with a CZ5…. My go to. But I will say , I am getting reaogood results with the ORX . Ask away and I will try to answer questions. Tony

Thanks Tony,

Couple of questions :

1. Does the arm-rest adjust front-to-back ?

2. What coil(s) do you have ? And does it feel secure on the detector...with its light build/weight rod construction ?

I am looking to the ORX for its lighter weight (I have some shoulder/elbow issues) but want to make sure the coil is not wobbly at the end of the lower rod.

Hey Pete, there is no adjustment front to back on the armrest . I to needed something lighter. ( neck fusion surgery) . I have the 9” round HF coil. Very precise and great depth easily to 8-10 inches if needed. The coil does not wobble at all. Excellent build quality. Easy to use . 3 tone with expanded VDI 0-99 …….. what detector are you using now??? Tony

Hi Tony,

This will be my first detector. Wanted something light but feature-rich and advanced enough that I do not out-grow it in just a couple of years.

If it’s your first detector, I would go with a Simplex /with wireless audio. Plenty of advanced features for a lot less money. If you still want an ORX and have more questions, just ask. Tony

XP ORX combined with the XP ML-6 pinpointer (paired to the HP) is a good combo

XP ORX has 4 coils to choose from 9.5" HF .. 9" HF .. 9" X35 .. 11" X35

Super light fast recovery .. Can be a turn on and detect Detector
You can remove the Remote Control (RC) from the handle and is more lighter

It is more like a beep and dig detector .. You just never know what is under the coil

Hi Tony,

This will be my first detector. Wanted something light but feature-rich and advanced enough that I do not out-grow it in just a couple of years.

Buy a Deus, you’ll be glad you did cause it’s very adjustable.. And used Deus prices are very affordable since everyone seems to be dumping them for the new Deus 2 that hasn’t even been released in the states yet.. The Deus 1 is a very good machine

Are there any MD dealers near you so you could go see any detectors??

Only one listed operating from a home but mostly with Internet sales. I will reach out to them to see if they have have an ORX in stock, however.

Buy a Deus, you’ll be glad you did cause it’s very adjustable.. And used Deus prices are very affordable since everyone seems to be dumping them for the new Deus 2 that hasn’t even been released in the states yet.. The Deus 1 is a very good machine

A new Deus (1) brand new with factory warranty seems to be over $ 1K and out of my budget. And I do want the security of a factory warranty. So "used" is not a way for me to go with my first machine.

If it’s your first detector, I would go with a Simplex /with wireless audio. Plenty of advanced features for a lot less money. If you still want an ORX and have more questions, just ask. Tony

The Simplex + detector seems to operate a 1 fixed frequency of 12 kHz.

I gravitated to the XP-ORX with its selection of frequencies depending on which detector coil you have in place.

Question about the MI-6 pinpointer...

I understand that it can be "paired" with the main detector so you can hear the audibles through your head-phones.

But as I saw in a couple videos, if the MI-6 is paired and you turn it on. the audibles for the pin-pointer come through the head-phones, but then the main detector coil's audibles are then silent.

Does anyone know if the MI-6 pinpointer can NOT be "paired" and just work in stand-alone mode ?

Question about the MI-6 pinpointer...

I understand that it can be "paired" with the main detector so you can hear the audibles through your head-phones.

But as I saw in a couple videos, if the MI-6 is paired and you turn it on. the audibles for the pin-pointer come through the head-phones, but then the main detector coil's audibles are then silent.

Does anyone know if the MI-6 pinpointer can NOT be "paired" and just work in stand-alone mode ?

The MI6 can be used as a stand-alone.

Also... the warranty transfers - provided you get a copy of the original purchase receipt. (Deus/ORX)

Pete E.
A new Deus (1) brand new with factory warranty seems to be over $ 1K and out of my budget. And I do want the security of a factory warranty. So "used" is not a way for me to go with my first machine.

The ORX carries a 5 year fully transferable warranty. They were released in 2018 so even the earliest ones are still covered by the 5 year warranty.

Deus 1 also has a fully transferrable 5 year warranty.

So do all Deus/ORX coils.

Does anyone know if the MI-6 pinpointer can NOT be "paired" and just work in stand-alone mode

If you do not want a paired XP pinpointer
Save $50 and get the ML-4 same pinpointer just not wireless to pair up

The Simplex + detector seems to operate a 1 fixed frequency of 12 kHz.

I gravitated to the XP-ORX with its selection of frequencies depending on which detector coil you have in place.
. The ORX is a somewhat noisy detector, a what I’ll call a work the noise detector (as an experienced detectorist, it doesn’t bother me) , but some people get frustrated and get something different. Check out some YouTube videos on different detectors. I also forgot to mention the ML540 is a multi frequency, lightweight, excellent build quality. With a 10” coil is great on coins….. cost less than the ORX .

. The ORX is a somewhat noisy detector, a what I’ll call a work the noise detector (as an experienced detectorist, it doesn’t bother me) , but some people get frustrated and get something different. Check out some YouTube videos on different detectors. I also forgot to mention the ML540 is a multi frequency, lightweight, excellent build quality. With a 10” coil is great on coins….. cost less than the ORX .

Hi Tony,

Maybe I did not look hard enough but even on the MineLab web site, I could not find what "Multi IQ" really means. I was looking to know what specific frequencies (in KHz) are provided.

I also do not think I am a fan of their red colored back-light feature on the display that seems provided on the 540 only and not the 340 or 440.

The XP-ORX seems to give one a chance for some gold-finds, as well. Not sure I see that with the 540's from their web site and videos.

I have been watching a series of videos on the XP-ORX in their Skills-School series and I like the ORX more and more...even if it takes a steeper learning curve and I might have "to work" the detector more.

QUOTE Pete E

Hi Tony,

Maybe I did not look hard enough but even on the MineLab web site, I could not find what "Multi IQ" really means. I was looking to know what specific frequencies (in KHz) are provided.
Nox 800's selectable single frequencies=4, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz. The Beach modes are only multi frequency. Park 1, Field 1, Beach 1 and Beach 2 using multi have a low around 5 kHz and somewhere around 20 kHz for their high frequency. Park 2, Field 2 and the Gold modes have a high frequency around 40 kHz....not sure what their low frequency is but those modes do hit hard on silver too.

Minelab's lead physicist for Multi IQ wrote:

Simultaneous!Multi-Frequency!In-phase and!Quadrature Synchronous Demodulation.

“For each frequency the detector transmits and receives there are two signals which can be extracted which we refer to as I and Q. The Q signal is most sensitive to targets, while the I signal is most sensitive to iron content. Traditional single-frequency metal detectors use the Q signal to detect targets, and then use the ratio of the I and Q signals to assess the characteristics of the target and assign a target ID. The problem with this approach is that the I signal is sensitive to the iron content of the soil. The target ID is always perturbed by the response from the soil, and as the signal from the target gets weaker, this perturbation becomes substantial. With some simplification here for brevity, if a detector transmits and receives on more than one frequency, it can ignore the soil sensitive I signals, and instead look at the multiple Q signals it receives in order to determine a target ID. That way, even for weak targets or highly mineralized soils, the target ID is far less perturbed by the response from the soil.!This leads to very precise target IDs, both in mineralized soils and for targets at depth.”

Back
Top Bottom