Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 06-11-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by graybeard View post
One drawback with the cover, is they will overheat with them on if you hunt when it is hot out. The Equinox overheats with a cover on them.
I have extensive testing with my cover and EMI reducer [aluminum cover] in heat. Not once have I had a screen issue. There is not a day where it is under 85 where I hunt. Also full sun most days.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by MuddyMo View post
Your not one of these guys thaat uses clear vinyl furniture covers are you? 😁
Maybe, LOL.......No I just did get a new sofa and ottoman and keep matching blankets across the seats so my 4 yr old does not ruin it as fast.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM

An update... I am still using my cover and it has caused no issues and I have been out in temps around 83 down the shore. I like the padding on the arm cuff but it sure does get sweaty.

May try the Doc's arm cuff padding, anybody using one of those?

Old 06-13-2021, 06:36 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by aj0421 View post
An update... I am still using my cover and it has caused no issues and I have been out in temps around 83 down the shore. I like the padding on the arm cuff but it sure does get sweaty.

May try the Doc's arm cuff padding, anybody using one of those?
I use one. It helps a lot and is worth the $

Steve
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2021, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by stetam View post
I use one. It helps a lot and is worth the $

Steve
Yeah that is the one I would like to try.

Old 06-23-2021, 02:46 PM

So I got the Doc's arm cuff padding and used it for 3 hours last weekend. I am up in the air if I am going to keep it on vs the simple neoprene one I had on previously. I have a large arm and the Doc's padding seems a little short side-to-side and doesn't seat entirely in the bottom center of the cuff leaving my Velcro strap only holding on by a inch or so. I could try finding a longer strap I guess. The craftmanship is not very good and the holes don't line up as nice as it should. Can't say I would recommend this for anyone looking for padding on the arm cuff.