Goodbye Tesoro you'll be missed

needler420

Elite Member
Went looking to buy another compadre this would be like my third or fourth one and I see they are out of business.

Kind of sad. Was my favorite detector and you can't buy then any more.

Is a simplex the next best option I see now?

I'd say so without spending alot.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Went looking to buy another compadre this would be like my third or fourth one and I see they are out of business.

Kind of sad. Was my favorite detector and you can't buy then any more.

Is a simplex the next best option I see now?
Is the Simplex the best option? I'd say that depends on who you ask.

Vista X, would be a good substitute for a Tesoro.
Most who have used one, really like it.
Its what Tesoro could have made and would have sold like crazy.
The only drawback was coil selection, two choices large and a tiny search coil that were DD. What they needed was an in between size, they finally came up with one 6x8 and will be out shortly. It's also a DD, I would have preferred a concentric as I did when owning Tesoros.
But, DeepTech Vista X octagon coils have unique properties.

Think they closed last fall. Ive been thinking of grabbing one, not sure why, just to have one, and it seems like people are trying to get new price for them.

You can still buy them. Used on ebay and some vendors still have a few new models in stock.

Think they closed last fall. Ive been thinking of grabbing one, not sure why, just to have one, and it seems like people are trying to get new price for them.

I thought about getting another one for old times sake as well. People are asking more for them now than last fall. For what they are asking, you have to ask yourself, for the price, what current brand model would be a better buy. That may hold you back. I look at the $254 Nokta Simplex I currently have, cover the ID screen and I can duplicate somewhat the fun and joy I had with any of my Tesoros.....more so when Nokta produces the smaller coils for it.

But, then again, if the price is extra good, would still consider a Tesoro as I like knobs and switches which you can make "finer" precise tuning adjustments. Something many of us grew up with turning knobs and flipping switches. For those of us who like to tinker, Tesoros can be custom modified. Again, sort of like the cars we owned that we customized to be different. My old creation from 2005 Super Silver Sabre with dual disc controls, pictured on my website. https://www.treasurelinx.com/mods.html also check out all the complete Tesoro catalogs you can download https://www.treasurelinx.com/tesoro.html

There's thousands and thousands and even more Tesoros living out in the wild and hiding in closets. Just getting some one to bother posting them for sale is an issue. They aren't on any Internet forums, groups.......

I thought about getting another one for old times sake as well. People are asking more for them now than last fall. For what they are asking, you have to ask yourself, for the price, what current brand model would be a better buy. That may hold you back. I look at the $254 Nokta Simplex I currently have, cover the ID screen and I can duplicate somewhat the fun and joy I had with any of my Tesoros.....more so when Nokta produces the smaller coils for it.

But, then again, if the price is extra good, would still consider a Tesoro as I like knobs and switches which you can make "finer" precise tuning adjustments. Something many of us grew up with turning knobs and flipping switches. For those of us who like to tinker, Tesoros can be custom modified. Again, sort of like the cars we owned that we customized to be different. My old creation from 2005 Super Silver Sabre with dual disc controls, pictured on my website. https://www.treasurelinx.com/mods.html also check out all the complete Tesoro catalogs you can download https://www.treasurelinx.com/tesoro.html

There's thousands and thousands and even more Tesoros living out in the wild and hiding in closets. Just getting some one to bother posting them for sale is an issue. They aren't on any Internet forums, groups.......

I didnt start detecting until 2010 I must have been 42 when I started, and I never had a analog machine, but im thinking strongly about it. I will now have to decide which one I want.

Looking for a Tesoro.
Keep an eye out for a Mojave, last good model at a reasonable price.
Bandido II umax with manual ground balance is another favorite.
I like the Eldorado. Not the deepest.
The Outlaw is a good one if you don't use the pinpoint button, it messes with most users brains.
Many swear by the simple Compadre.

I am glad I have two Compadres (one waterproofed). Nothing beats a Compadre in a tot-lot. I prefer it over the Nox in tot-lots, plus I dug more gold with it too...so far.

Back
Top Bottom